Submit your resume
Time to take your exceptional Accounting and leadership skills into an exciting and expanding company!
On behalf of our client, we are looking for an Internal Auditor in Halifax, Nova Scotia. The Internal Auditor will investigate internal controls and procedures and present their findings to company management in order to ensure company policies and regulations are upheld. The Internal Auditor has a high attention to detail, strong problem-solving skills, and is able to provide recommendations for improvements.
- Provide internal audit management with information concerning the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of internal controls within the organization, while ensuring compliance with laws, regulations, and company policies.
- Plan and perform operational audits and special projects within the organization.
- Review, evaluate and document internal control systems.
- Present to management the audit findings and practical recommendations to improve internal control weaknesses and inefficiencies.
- Prepare internal audit reports and tailored audit programs.
- Perform special year-end procedures for external auditors.
- Assist in special investigations for alleged occurrences of fraud and other areas of concern as directed by management.
- Other related duties as required.
The Ideal Candidate Brings:
- An undergraduate degree in business, with a concentration in accounting.
- An accounting designation (CPA, CGA, CMA, CA) with two years of related work experience.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office experience.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and a vehicle, and the ability to travel.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A highly organized and analytical personality, with strong negotiation skills.
For additional details, please contact Cynthia McCutcheon at Summit Search Group directly: [email protected] or call 902 405 3607.
Please note that only those candidates who fulfill the requirements will receive a response.
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from all candidates regardless of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, disability, age, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.