Submit your resume
Our client, a leader in the office solutions industry, is looking for an Intermediate Designer to join their team in Edmonton. Reporting to the Manager of Design and Sales Support, you will work alongside Account Managers to ensure the client relationship is nurtured and grown. This role will provide general assistance to your Manager and Sales teams with client surveying, database updating, proposal support, documentation backup and support, and more.
- Assist Account Manager in determining clients’ needs and requirements.
- Engage in showroom tours and client site meetings.
- Assist with conceptualization of functional space requirements, creation of visuals and specifications, recommend creative solutions and trouble shoot.
- Conduct site verifications and measurements, provide existing product inventory and drawings if required.
- Assist Project Coordinator on jobs that require reconfiguration of existing products.
- Maintain accurate up to date customer drawings/files.
- Participate in on-going training opportunities with Steelcase and other vendors, have an understanding of key concepts and solutions important to industry to help clients make decisions.
- Be able to present to client and host finish and material selection meeting.
- Participate in RFP/Tender development in coordination with the Sales and Operations departments.
- Work with Account Manager and Sales Associate to review order ready quoting and prepare order.
- Installation drawing, post installation walkthrough and assistance in identifying deficiencies.
- Participate in various meetings including department meetings, project kick off, etc.
- Coach junior designers to help find efficiencies.
- Technical Diploma in Architecture or Interior Design or Similar with a minimum of 5+ years of related experience.
- Ability to read architectural drawings and specifications.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly with on site training provided.
- Availability to use a personal vehicle to drive to offsite meetings is an asset.
Our client offers a competitive base salary, comprehensive benefits including RRSP matching, education reimbursement, and a flexible work environment.
Summit Search Group has a strong commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion. We strive for continuous development, modeling, inclusive behaviors and proactively managing bias throughout our process.