Sagkeeng Child and Family Services provides culturally appropriate child and family services to First Nations communities and members. On their behalf, we seek to recruit a passionate and engaging leader who will oversee a team of Case Managers in the role of Intake Supervisor, based in Pine Falls, Manitoba.
- Review all intakes daily as required to determine follow-up and ensure the appropriateness of agency involvement
- Deliver child and family services in accordance with Provincial and community standards
- Supervise Case Managers ensuring all cases are managed in accordance with the CFS Act; attend to the specific needs of each case as required;
- Ensuring completion and recording of initial and on-going assessments, child protection investigations and ongoing services, including service plans for all assigned cases
- Ensuring the regular, consistent and appropriate completion by all case carrying staff of all necessary written reports, records and documents for service files and performance statistics;
- Provide the community culturally appropriate resources and referrals. In consultation with Supervisor(s),responds immediately to allegations of abuse/severe neglect, where child(ren) are at risk
- Bachelor of Social Work degree preferred; or Post-secondary degree in Social Sciences acceptable. Other acceptable combinations of education and related experience may be considered.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience working directly in the child welfare profession;
- Minimum of three (3) years direct Supervisory experience within Child Welfare.
- Proven ability in implementation of service programs and delivery.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and organizational skills;
- Strong analytical, assessment, problem solving and treatment planning skills;
- Ability to navigate and knowledge of the Provincial CFS Data Base system
- Valid class five driver’s license, a reliable vehicle; and auto-loss of use
- The ability to speak and/or understand the Ojibway language is considered a definite asset.
Please send your expression of interest with resume to Gail Eckert, Summit Search Group at [email protected]
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.