About Our Client:
Our client is a leader in the Health Care Services space.
The Human Resources Generalist must perform a range of duties supporting Community and Home Office team members and Managers. The duties consist of policies, training, labor relations, diversity, on-boarding, engagement, education, recruitment and other HR programs. The HR Generalist will accomplish these goals by conducting and supporting short- and long-term planning efforts, designing HR programs, and overseeing the development and implementation of company policies and procedures.
- Communicate to internal stakeholders in Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and regulations.
- Implement, administer and educate team members on engagement initiatives, benefit programs and maintain a sustainable relationship with vendor providers.
- Ensure effective exit interviews and provide management with analysis and recommendations.
- Provide resolutions, in conjunction with the Director of Human Resources on team member relation issues (e.g., complaints and investigations).
- Oversee adequate orientation and training within the organization.
- Administer and promote team member recognition and incentive programs.
- Build and sustain beneficial relationships with employment agencies and educational institutions.
- Perform interviews, screens, and recruit for entry level, professional and technical job openings. Ensure the compatibility of applicants to job positions.
- Maintain a sustainable relationship with union officials and oversee the adherence to wages, working hours and other regulations.
- Maintain a sustainable relationship with Managers and oversee the adherence to wages, working hours and other regulations within non-union communities.
- Manage salary structure, position documentation, and an evaluation system.
- Recommend, develop and maintain HR data bases, computer software systems, and manual filing systems.
- Develop and provide recommendations for policies, team member handbooks and processes.
- Provide research as requested.
- Plan, organize and attend recruitment fairs, orientation sessions as requested.
- Support team member events and recreational activities.
- Explore effective ways to engage and communicate with all team members.
- Keep job descriptions current.
- Provide general information and assistance internally and externally over the phone, electronically and in person.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated working knowledge of multiple Human Resource areas preferred.
- Data analysis skills required.
- Basic research skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to provide beneficial recommendations to solve HR related issues related to regulations, laws and policies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of change management.
- Ability to develop and implement strategies.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Presentation skills required.
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail required.
- Ability to adapt to and learn new technology and new ways of working.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key external stakeholders.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Motivated individual with proven initiative.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, or Human Resources Certificate from a College program required.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in HR required.
- Work experience or education in employment law or other area of regulations preferred.
- Experience in the Retirement industry not required, but an asset.
To apply, please send a resume to Jessica Alcock at email@example.com
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.