Human Resources Coordinator
About Our Client: Our client is a very well established but high growth leader in the grocery/perishable industry.
Position Scope: Reporting to the HR Manager and Senior Management, the HR Coordinator will work with various departments and leaders in the organization to advance elements of the Human Resources Strategy within the day to day operations of the fast paced business.
The Coordinator will organize a variety of employee related activities for both union and nonunion groups within the organization. They will support activities such as data entry, metric reporting, recruitment, and will be a point of contact for employee (union and nonunion) and manager queries.
Please note, the hours for this role are Monday to Friday from 7am – 3pm. This is an in office based position with COVID-19 protocols in place.
- Support HR coordination and administration on the day to day tasks, programs and initiatives in support of HR activities.
- Coordinate full cycle recruitment including job postings, sourcing, interviewing, reference checks, employment offers, onboarding and orientation.
- Work closely with external recruitment firms.
- Working with the HR Manager to facilitate the annual HR cycle activities including performance management, succession management and salary administration.
- Prepare organizational and Human Resources communications as required.
- Work closely with HR Manager in relation to any labour relations and union dealings.
- Prepare confirmation of employment letters as required.
- Maintain organizational charts in a timely manner.
- Gathering health and safety data required for WSIB claims within established timelines.
- Prepare presentations and materials for program initiatives and training.
- Coordinate and plan for meetings.
- Prepare invoicing for approval and payment.
- Prepare and update annual HR documents.
- Maintain employee files.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong integrity with the ability to maintain confidentiality and manage highly sensitive information.
- Ability to act tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (written, verbal and presentation) skills.
- Ability to solve problems with varying degrees of complexity.
- Exceptional commitment to customer service with strong sense of urgency.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook).
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-pace environment.
- Working knowledge of relevant HR legislation (Ontario and Alberta) and the ability analyze data and trends to recommend opportunities for improvement.
- Highly organized with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines.
- Ability to travel between the Etobicoke and Milton offices.
Education and Experience:
- Diploma or degree in Human Resources Management.
- CHRP designation is highly preferred.
- A proven record of exceeding customer expectations.
- 2-4 years of experience in a Human Resources Coordinator or equivalent role
- 2+ years experience with end full cycle recruitment
To apply, please send a resume to Aman Sodi at [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Human Resources Coordinator