Our client is a global solutions provider to the energy sector.
This position is responsible for a variety of activities in support of the Canadian Operations Team, under the direction and guidance of the Human Resource Manager, Canada including HRIS, recruitment, new hire orientations and WCB.
- Updating the Company’s HRIS System and Payroll systems. As the company relies on a large volume of “Casual Labour” during times of heavy recruitment, timely data entry into both systems is critical
- Assist in the recruitment of full-time positions
- Preparing Employment offers for full time positions
- Preparation of position and personnel addition/change documents for management approval
- Administration of Company’s Drug & Alcohol testing requirement, which includes setting up appointments and coordinating the notification of test results
- Scheduling and leading on-boarding presentations for new hires
- Updating employee files on a timely basis
- Provide general HR Administrative assistance to the Operations team
- Coordinate responses, when required, to unemployment claims
- Produce employment verification letters when requested
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Confidentiality: due to the nature of the work and the sensitivity of the information that this role will be exposed to, maintaining the highest level of confidentiality is critical.
- Exercise interpersonal skills by working with others and representing the company; Is a team player that interacts with stake holders, business groups, and co-workers.
- Problem Solving: Must be a pro-active problem solver. Identifies and reports problems; assesses and corrects problems; prevents problem reoccurrence.
- Effective Communication (verbal and written): Effective communication skills to deal with internal and external inquiries. Presents appropriate information in a clear and concise manner, both orally and in writing. Ability to communicate complex concepts and issues clearly, logically, and succinctly.
- Results orientated: Acts to maximize positive outcomes and achieve and deliver results despite barriers and difficulties.
- Must be an individual of uncompromising integrity.
- Possesses a high degree of personal initiative, energy, and passion for business processes.
- A rational, assertive, and confident individual who can speak his/her mind and articulate business issues/recommendations.
- Ability to multi-task many different activities and prioritize among them to maximize output of available resources.
- Able to handle the stress of a fast paced and ever-changing work environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and familiarity with ERP systems.
- Education and Experience:
- Post-Secondary education in business administration or combination of education and experience
- 3 – 5 years of HR administrative experience, preferably in an industrial setting
- Proven ability to continually review processes and suggest improvements
- Proven ability to work independently while being managed remotely.