Submit your resume
About Our Client: Our client is a not-for-profit organization providing services on behalf of the Government of Ontario.
Position Scope: The HR Generalist acts as an internal consultant and HR resource for people leaders and employees. As a HR Generalist, you will be responsible for developing and managing Human Resources strategic and operational programs, activities and partnerships. You will support, advise and work with internal client portfolios, as assigned in a collaborative environment. You will partner with client groups in a proactive manner which builds and maintains partnerships, while providing guidance in managing workplace programs and initiatives, organizational effectiveness, change management and legislative impacts.
- Build a strong business relationship with the organizational unit and collaborate with the business leaders to design, implement and monitor HR solutions.
- Engage and contract with Corporate HR to ensure business requirements for HR services are met.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues by providing guidance, advice and coaching to the client.
- Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations in compliance with corporate policy and procedures, legislation and in partnership with the relevant business leader, legal and HR support.
- Support the business through Talent Management initiatives including succession planning, talent reviews, retention strategies and development planning.
- Identify critical business unit needs and emerging strategic requirements. Leverage analytics as well as assess HR risk elements to drive development and implementation of HR solutions.
- Provide advisory services in areas such as recruitment and staffing, classification and compensation management, organization design and the management of pay and benefits to ensure high quality, timely support of human resources decision making for the business unit.
- Develop, implement and evaluate HR programs, practices, services, systems and products to advance corporate human resources policies and strategies and improve decision-making.
- Provide coaching to leaders regarding matters related to performance management, employee engagement and HR process execution
- Respond to general employee inquiries and liaise with Centres of Excellence, as required, to support such inquiries
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated understanding of Human Resources legislation and governance.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills required with demonstrated ability to handle sensitive issues in a professional manner.
- Ability to handle time sensitive inquiries and working in a deadline-driven environment is required.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organization skills and ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Well-developed strategic, analytical and critical thinking skill.
- Experience building a strong business relationship with the organizational units and collaborate with the business leaders to design, implement and monitor HR solutions.
- Ability to manage and resolve complex employee relations issues.
- Experience in conducting effective, thorough and objective investigations in compliance with corporate policy and procedures, legislation and in partnership with the relevant business leader, legal and HR support.
- Experience coaching leaders regarding matters related to performance management, employee engagement and HR process execution.
- Excellent relationship building skills and the ability to work effectively across program and operational units.
Education and Experience:
- Post-Secondary Degree or diploma in related field of study required (or equivalent).
- Certified Human Resources Professional/Leader designation considered an asset.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Human Resources.
Application Instructions: To apply, please send a resume to Aman Sodi at [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.