Submit your resume
Summit Search Group seeks to recruit their next Hotel General Manager in Winnipeg, Manitoba. A driven individual, you will plan and supervise the activities of an extensive and diverse workforce to ensure the smooth and profitable running of business. It is important for the General Manager to be involved in all aspects of the hotel operations. You will be a key person of reference for employees and clients as well as external vendors. The General Manager must be able to guide the employees to work as a well-functioning team. The ideal candidate will be a team player and an effective leader, able to set examples and foster a climate of cooperation.
The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of hotel operations by leading, coaching and mentoring hotel employees, supervisors and managers, ensuring the maximization of revenues, market share through the development of a strong service culture and entrepreneurial spirit that displays the values and vision of their brand.
- Effectively implements brand and hotel standards including property condition, cleanliness and quality of product and service.
- Participates in the sales process; setting the sales strategy, building strong customer relationships, conducting hotel tours and participating in customer meetings and evening receptions.
- Proactively lead Operations, Housekeeping, Human Resources, Food & Beverage and Engineering departments to maximize financial performance and guest satisfaction while upholding brand standards and driving the company culture.
- Actively develops an effective revenue strategy that supports brand positioning in the local market. Supports revenue practices to maximize total revenue, while growing market share.
- Manages the operational budget and directs the annual hotel strategic planning process, operating budget, marketing and capital plans.
- Maximizes NOI through effective execution of sales and marketing plans, customer service and effective cost controls.
- Oversees and coordinates capital improvement projects to maintain/upgrade quality standards and property image, and to protect the asset from neglect, damage or deterioration.
Human Resources and Development:
- Creates a strong service culture in the hotel and maximizes GSS.
- Quarterly and Yearly Performance Management reviews of employees.
- Hires and supervises leaders in the efficient operation of their respective areas.
- Maximizes ESS through strong leadership, HR policies and effective practices.
Supervision and Support:
- Participates in community affairs and events while maintaining a positive public image for the Hotel.
- Identifies and implements synergies between the hotel partners and properties.
- Strong decisive leader and role model to all associates.
- Leverages relationships and resources with area hotels, owners, regional and corporate offices.
- Encourages open dialogue among all associates and cultivates an environment which encourages employee suggestions and involvement.
- Ensures coverage in time of labour shortage, emergency situations and vacation.
- Strong building systems knowledge and hotel leadership experience is a prerequisite.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, preferably in Hotel/Restaurant or Business Administration, or Certified Hotel Administrator (CHA) designation is preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ GM experience or experience in a leadership role in Guest Services, Revenue Management, Front Office or other hotel leadership role.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Demonstrated experience with developing business plans and financial budgets.
- Identifies priorities, plans, organizes and delegates responsibility effectively.
- Excellent communicator and experience with coaching, training and motivating.
- Good computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
Summit Search Group has a strong commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion. We strive for continuous development, modeling, inclusive behaviors and proactively managing bias throughout our process.