Our client, national equipment distributor, is currently looking for a looking for a motivated and very customer-oriented Health & Safety Advisor to join our team in the Alberta Region. In this role, you will provide hands-on health & safety support and guidance to our branch operations in Alberta and British Colombia while ensuring adhesion to company policies and procedures.
- Ensure accurate record keeping of health & safety compliance files, on electronic and hard copy.
- Perform customer service functions by answering team member health & safety requests/questions.
- Write, revise, proofread, and edit company safety policies.
- Enter data and ensure follow-ups of incidents/accidents.
- Prepare new team member safety files and onboarding documents.
- Maintain, update, and audit training records and log books.
- Schedule training programs and prepare health and safety reports.
- Support safety initiatives and participate in accident investigations and analysis.
- Co-ordinate and participate in Joint Health and safety committee meetings and ensure functionality of the committee.
- Perform branch audits and document deficiencies and submit corrective actions.
- Minimum of 5 years of health & safety, CRSP designation is desirable
- Post-secondary diploma in relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Very good computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong commitment to safety and ethical work standards.
- Experience with WCB/WorkSafeBC injury reporting and submissions.
- Travel to branches in the Alberta/BC region.
- COR experience is desirable as both provinces are working to achieve COR.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please forward your resume to Michael Gosine at [email protected]. Visit out website for other excellent opportunities at www.summitsearchgroup.com.