Our client is a full-service benefits consultant and administrator, providing services to some of Canada’s most respected companies, unions and public service organizations. They are looking for a full-time Group Administration Manager to join their team in Ottawa, Ontario.
The Group Administration Manager provides leadership and manages multi-functional activities, ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of quality services to clients.
Some of your key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Ensuring that the administrative processes and procedures support the effective and efficient delivery of quality services
- Establishing policies and procedures, as well as internal controls, and personnel planning to include coaching and directing staff
- Providing support to the management and consulting teams
- Goal setting, resolving problems, and making decisions that enhance the department’s effectiveness
- Statistical data and reporting, determining own and departmental priorities based on overall organizational goals
- Project management, coordinating and participating in the integration of system changes as well as participating in strategic planning initiatives
- The Group Administration Manager will at times be working extended hours as requested or as required to meet the job demands
- Other projects and duties as assigned by the Vice-President of Operations
- Comprehensive knowledge of the administration surrounding group benefits to include collective agreement and/or insurance policy provisions
- Strong leadership abilities, including inspiring, motivating, and leading employees, excellent interpersonal skills, coordinating workflow and training plans, motivating a team, motivating individual performance, and preparing and delivering performance development evaluations
- The demonstrated ability to successfully manage multi-functional activities and to function competently in a team environment
- The ability to manage change while aligning and adjusting milestones and targets to maintain forward momentum along with the ability to anticipate, plan, monitor progress and adjust as needed
- The ability to create positive atmospheres and an overall team culture that is open, transparent, positive, future-focused, and able to deliver success
- The ability to function with a high degree of independence and considerable discretion
- The ability to act independently as a representative for the management team
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office, accounting software, and standard office administration procedures
- Excellent grammar, spelling, and communication skills
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills along with strong mathematical and reconciliation skills
- Knowledge of the principles of accounting practices and banking procedures
- The ability to maintain good public relations, both within and outside the organization
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and the ability to manage time effectively in order to respond quickly and efficiently to meet numerous, conflicting, and changing deadlines
- The ability to adhere to and enforce existing company policies and procedures.
- The ability to deal maturely with issues and stand up well under pressure
- The ability to use tact and discretion to maintain information in the strictest of confidence
- Project management experience
- Knowledge and experience of LEAN Management Principles
- System integration experience, CEBS designation
- Bilingualism in both official languages is an asset
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Please send a resume to Kyle Provost at [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.