Submit your resume
We are currently recruiting for multiple Geophysicists for our client.
Are you a Geophysicist with a passion for innovation and a desire to shape the future of the mining industry? Look no further!
The Company: Our client to revolutionizing the mining industry through cutting-edge technology. They are pushing the boundaries to make mining more efficient, and environmentally friendly.
Position Overview: As a Geophysicist, you’ll have the opportunity to work on groundbreaking projects, leveraging your 10+ years of geophysics expertise and Python programming skills to analyze and interpret geophysical data. This is your chance to be at the forefront of innovation in mining technology!
- Performing geophysical data processing and analysis.
- Running site simulations as part of proofs of concept for prospective customers.
- Assessing feasibility of technology application to as-yet-unstudied use-cases and deposits.
- Taking responsibility for the overall technical quality and proficiency for data processing and analysis.
- Developing, refining and/or applying standard operating procedures for data management, processing, analysis, storage and reporting.
- Utilize Python programming for data analysis.
- Interpret and communicate findings to drive innovation.
- A PGeo or GIT designation
- Master’s degree or higher in Geophysics or related field.
- 10+ years of geophysics experience in mineral exploration.
- Proficiency in Python programming.
- Must have geophysical analysis experience analyzing and interpreting field data and running forward modeling / simulations with provided data sets. You have a strong understanding of geophysical methods, and you know how geophysical inversions work and the subtleties that are involved.
- Must have demonstrated experience and a high level of proficiency for using geophysical analysis software (ArcGIS, QGIS, AutoCAD, GoCAD, LeapFrog, Geosoft Oasis Montaj, among others).
- Must have a strong understanding of geology and experience with the theoretical and practical aspects of mineral exploration specifically, and subsurface insights in general.
What They Offer:
- An opportunity to work with a award winning dynamic technology start-up and spin-off from TRIUMF (Canada’s national particle physics laboratory) as we scale up our business rapidly.
- Opportunity to be working to advance a ground-breaking solution that generates significant economic and environmental benefit.
- Early equity option allocations upon hire plus the opportunity to earn performance-based option allocations annually.
- Accreditation and tuition support.
- Extended health and dental benefits, an employee assistance program, and a health/wellness spending account to cover things that may not fall into other categories (i.e. exercise classes, transit, daycare).
- An annual paid closure between the Christmas and New Year’s stat holidays, in addition to vacation time.
- While we work hard we also sprinkle social events and learning opportunities into our days.
- Parental leave top-up.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Casual dress – we like our jeans and hoodies.
- Free parking.
- Lots of free snacks!
If you’re ready to join a team that’s shaping the future of mining, we want to hear from you! If you have any questions please contact me directly at [email protected]
Please note only qualified individuals will be contacted.