Submit your resume
With branches across Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba, our client is a North American industry leader and dependable equipment partner to their customers. By empowering and investing in their employees, they continue to build and maintain long-term relationships with the communities and businesses that they serve.
The General Manager is responsible for the overall business activities and strategic direction of its equipment rental locations in Western Canada, including a new Heavy Equipment Rental location in Edmonton. They will be responsible to develop a business plan to execute on sales and revenue growth strategies, financial and budget processes, general administration, and business operations. The GM will lead and manage the store managers and attract new talent. This position is accountable for meeting operational goals and financial targets such as revenue growth and gross margin. This individual will manage with a highly visible, hands-on approach and provide the leadership and vision to fuel the growth of this new division.
Job Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Develop overall strategic direction and vision to guide organizational planning to advance the division’s mission and objectives in support of corporate goals.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct, and evaluate the division’s performance promoting profitability and growth including staffing and resource management.
- Oversee store managers who run their respective sales departments and promote rental generation using a CRM tool as well as deploying proven selling strategies. Promote selling and motivating tactics.
- Develop and implement annual sales and expense plans; ensure plans are clearly communicated and managers are held accountable for departmental goals.
- Create reports and forecasts for presentation to CSOO
- Market the division’s capabilities, experience, and performance in as a business portfolio.
- Pursue untapped opportunities to secure new business; maintain relationships with existing clients.
- Stay abreast of business trends and best practices; cultivate professional contacts in the community to increase revenues and corporate visibility/brand recognition.
- Gather market intelligence for marketing development
- Research and select quality and financially sound/profitable partnerships with vendors/customers.
- Leading division to always improve and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Direct, manage, develop and mentor the Store Managers whom are responsible for their location’s respective day-to-day departmental functions.
- Identify financial, material, and human capital needs (in conjunction with HR/ Recruitment teams)
- Provide direction and support with employee training needs, mentoring and accountability (in conjunction with Training & Development team)
- Promote policies and procedures of the organization to enhance overall operation and effectiveness with Safety as a primary focus.
- Develop division structure that ensures involvement of all employees towards collaborative execution and clearly defines roles and responsibilities of the team.
- Identify and manage conflicts and create a high-performance team environment where diversity is valued, and people are treated with respect and dignity.
- Manage Fleet resources to include inventory control, purchasing and maintenance
- Oversee management of the Parts department and inventory
- Oversee and provide direction to Store management of the Equipment Service department including shop efficiency
- This role will require travel up to 30% of the time.
Job Requirements and Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Business Management or related degree program equivalent additional experience in Equipment Rentals dealer management will be considered.
- Ten or more years of proven experience in construction equipment rental services, or related field, five or more in a leadership role required.
- Solid knowledge of technical aspects of agriculture, construction and industrial equipment.
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. (Microsoft Suite of products)
- Strong listening skills. Able to interpret and understand problems and challenges facing the company
- Always follows companies’ policies. Sets good example for all company employees and customers.
- Able to develop and communicate near term and long-term vision and to develop quantifiable goals.
- Able to make appropriate adjustments and deal with continuous change due to internal or external conditions.
- Demonstrates flexibility in your mindset and a willingness to try new methods to solve problems.
- Understanding deal composition
- Understanding of Business Cycle and corresponding Financial Statements
- Supervisory and Mentoring Skills
- Able to build and manage effective and long-lasting relationships both internally and externally.
- Familiarity with Construction and Agriculture industries
They are committed to empowering and investing in their employees to build and maintain relationships with the communities and businesses they serve, which is why they offer competitive salaries across all positions and family health days—six paid personal days for all employees each year.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
- Edmonton, AB
RemunerationRemuneration in this position will consists of a base salary between $120-130K commensurate upon experience, and a strong bonus program, a company vehicle, and a comprehensive benefits package with flexible plans to suit your needs, along with a Group Retirement Plan.
- Edmonton, AB