Submit your resume
Our client provides tailored concept-through-production solutions for all sectors of agriculture. They are looking for a full-time General Manager to join their team. This position is based in Eastern Ontario.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the General Manager is responsible to organize and oversee the daily operations of the location. Oversight of sales, inventory, purchasing, expense control and staff management are central to this role.
Some of your key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Partnering with location managers to set budgets for the year
- Monitoring and reviewing costs of supplies and operations; reviewing inventory levels and values regularly to ensure budgets are being adhered to
- Liaising with CEO to make decisions for operational activities and setting strategic goals for the location
- Liaising with other location General Managers and CEO on a regular basis to review product and processes
- Planning and monitoring the day-to-day running of business to ensure smooth progress
- Increasing market share in the territory by actively seeking out opportunities for growth of the business
- Overseeing all capital projects for the location, working within established budgets
- Overseeing all lines of business including equipment and consumables
- Overseeing and setting goals for all departments of the location including sales, service, install, operations, and finance
- Management of personnel including decisions on staffing, performance management and goal setting
- Managing procurement processes and coordinating material and resources allocation
- Reviewing financial information and adjusting operational budgets to promote profitability and ensure shareholder return on investment
- Managing relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field
- 5 + years of management experience
- Must be able to travel approximately 10% of the time to meet with customers, vendors and travel to other locations
- Ability to analyze key performance indicators and make sound business decisions based on findings
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Strong business acumen with a strategic orientation
- Excellent organizational skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent leadership skills to lead and motivate employees
- This position requires significant analysis and judgement to evaluate complex problems and make decisions
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Please send a resume to Kyle Provost at [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.