Our client Cermaq is a world leading salmon farming company. We have a team of more than 3500 employees across Chile, Canada and Norway. A team committed and proud to grow superior seafood for a global market. At Cermaq, you become part of a meaningful, developing, and diverse workplace. We offer a wide range of job opportunities where you will be able to grow and learn in a sustainable and rapidly developing industry. We support our employees’ personal development and make it possible for you to realize new ideas and initiatives. Our culture is informal and committed. We are smart people in rubber boots. We care for each other, for the environment, and for our communities.
Cermaq Canada is seeking to fill the role of a permanent full-time Financial Controller” to join our Finance team at our Campbell River office. If you enjoy detail-oriented work, a fast-paced environment, and accounting processes then we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Finance Director, this position contributes to the strategic mandate of the organization by providing leadership and direction to the financial functions for the analysis and reporting of operations.
Primary Job Duties:
- Manage and prepare the operational and financial budget, monthly costing and forecasting for a timely and accurate reporting out
- Support the analysis of budgets in all areas of the company for contribution to the final monthly reporting
- Preparation of the worksheets, budget, month end and forecast for the corporate financials that are presented to Group, the Board of Directors and the Cermaq Central Management Team
- Monitor and control the payments processed for commitment to our timelines
- Support the Director with any analysis required on our operations or projects
- Support the management team with strategic initiatives and cost efficiency projects
- Prepare the profit & loss statement and other financial statements for review by the Director
- Liaison with internal and external auditors
- Liaison with corporate tax consultants
- Preparing ad hoc reports as required for local management and global head office
- Promotes compliance to all safety procedures to ensure the health and well-being of all persons
- Promotes a positive workplace that treats all persons with respect and dignity devoid of discrimination, bullying and harassment
- Leads the team being mindful of the core values and leadership principles that guide all employees at Cermaq for example;
- Leads the team to ensure collaborative and efficient teamwork both internally and with other departments
- Encourages the development of all direct reports to their maximum potential to ensure efficiency and engagement
- Promotes the morale of all employees in the departments to keep engagement high and reduce turnover
- Resolves complex problems that may require cross divisional support in such a manner that organizational goals and efficiency are maintained
- In collaboration with Human Resources, makes recommendations and decisions concerning discipline for department employees that are fair and equitable
- Establishes performance standards for all direct reports then evaluates and monitors progress in order to maximize the effectiveness of the department
Education, Experience and Skills
- CPA designation or a combination of education and experience
- Minimum of four years experience in a similar role with a multi-national or similarly sized organization
- Be knowledgeable of reporting under IFRS and Canadian GAAP
- Prior experience working with budgets and results analysis
- Exceptional Excel skills required
- Proven interpersonal and communications skills that drives results
Physical Job Requirements
- Capable of car and plane travel
This is a full-time position based out of the Campbell River Head Office and works Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm with some flexibility required. Company benefits are available immediately during Covid-19 restrictions. Some regional travel may be required.
How to Apply:
If your qualifications meet the application requirements and you would like to apply for this opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter by e-mail, stating “Financial Controller” in the subject line to:| E- mail: [email protected]
Cermaq Canada is an equal opportunities employer who provides a workplace that is free of discrimination.
Cermaq Canada has a progressive view of reconciliation with Indigenous peoples. Although wholly committed to hire the best candidate available, we strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples for this role.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.