As a Facilities Manager, you will ensure that all facilities are in suitable working condition. You will be responsible to ensure each building is serviced and operational to meet the needs of a fast-paced business environment. Through your successful management of our facilities and by improving and simplifying current practices to be more profitable, you will be strengthening our position as a leader in the market.
- Establish, direct, and manage repair and maintenance programs for a large facility in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan.
- Maintain building operation systems. Including, but not limited to; mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, waste, and security.
- Respond in a timely manner to escalations related to building operation systems, find suitable solutions, brief stakeholders, and minimize impact to the business.
- Project manage repair and maintenance initiatives and capital projects, such as: renovations, large repairs, and replacement of building equipment and fixtures.
- Communicate up-coming facility projects, issues, and plans, as appropriate, to those on site.
- Facilitate after hour emergency calls and participate in disaster recovery efforts in-person as needed.
- Issue our partners purchase orders, review contracts, and coordinate or oversee work as required.
- Manage maintenance expenses and capital budgets. Including review and approval of all quotes, work orders, and related invoices as required.
- Continuously access resources, look for improvements and cost-saving opportunities.
- 2-5+ years of progressive facilities management experience.
- Strong financial acumen and familiarity with budgets and P&L statements.
- Able to thrive in a collaborative atmosphere. Excellent interpersonal skills supporting a team environment.
- Strong vendor management skills including contract negotiation skills to manage services, supplies, and projects.
- Ability to recognize and react to changing work demands.
- Effective time management skills. Capable of managing multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with a sense of priority for deadlines and attention to detail.
- Ability, authorization and access to drive a motor vehicle.