About Our Client: Our client is a well-established and rapidly growing, privately held business in the agriculture industry.
Location: Essex County, Ontario. Relocation allowance will be provided to candidates who require relocation.
Position Scope: The Executive Director of Finance position is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
- Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives.
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans.
- Develop financial and tax strategies.
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes.
- Develop performance measures and monitoring systems that support the company’s strategic direction.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team.
- Manage the accounting, human resources, investor relations, legal, tax, and treasury departments.
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations.
- Manage any third parties to which accounting, or finance functions have been outsourced.
- Oversee the company’s transaction processing systems.
- Implement operational best practices.
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefit package.
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions.
- Oversee the issuance of financial information.
- Report financial results to the CEO.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile.
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry.
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems.
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage.
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations.
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts.
- Arrange for debt financing and equity financing.
- Invest funds.
- Invest pension funds.
- Participate in conference calls with the investment community.
- Maintain banking relationships.
- Represent the company with investment bankers and investors.
Education and Experience:
- 5 – 7 years’ experience with a Master’s Degree OR 10 – 13 Years’ experience with a Bachelor’s Degree OR 13+ years’ relative experience.
- CPA, or CMA designation.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience.
- Produce (fruit and vegetable) experience is an asset.
Skills and Competencies:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Agricultural knowledge
- Cost Allocation
- Audit, assurance, taxation
- High-level Interpersonal skills
- Superior communication & presentation skills (Oral & Written)
- Problem solving skills
Application Instructions: To apply, please send a resume to Aman Sodi at [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.