Submit your resume
Position: Elevator Technician – Class A License
Our healthcare client is searching for an Elevator Technician – Class A License to join their team in Halifax, NS.
Our client’s commitment is to help one client at a time, delivering independence to our customers through providing innovative and custom healthcare solutions. In addition, our client is just as committed to their team, with a learning culture and work environment that empowers you to continually grow and develop in your career. The meaningful work you will do is life-changing for your clients!
If you are a passionate and dedicated individual, looking to enhance the daily lives of those who need it , you are our ideal candidate!
Join our client’s team and directly make a difference for people with physical difficulties so that they can conquer the challenges of everyday life. Leave every workday with the feeling of completing rewarding and meaningful work with a positive impact.
What You Will Do:
- Troubleshoot, repair and install a variety of elevator systems and lifting devices
- Assist in the efficient operation, testing, inspection, and preventative maintenance of elevators and lifting devices
- Investigate problems of an electric, mechanical and/or hydraulic nature related to the operation of elevators, and lifts.
- Repair and overhaul defective components, operates devices to test performance, lubricates and cleans components and equipment
- Report and discuss equipment issues with operator to determine the nature of the malfunction. Maintain accurate and detailed records of service work performed
- Manage company assets effectively including parts inventory, tools, test equipment and business expenditures per company policy/ procedure. Ensure safe working practices are adhered to
- Maintain excellent relationships with the customers, the contact person and end-users on site
What We Offer You:
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- RRSP contribution matching
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Relocation package will be offered for anyone who wants to relocate to the East Coast!
What You Need to Succeed:
- CAT Certified / Class A License
- Clean Driver’s abstract is essential
- 2-3 years of related experience in repair of elevators, accessible lifts and patient ceiling lifts
- Attend training classes whether held on customer site, in house or at any other location determined by supervisor and/or management. Actively participate in personal upgrading to maintain certification
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be comfortable working in confined spaces, as well as completing jobs in residential homes and nursing homes
- Must be willing to travel during installation or repair throughout the province. Extended overnight stays, and overtime may be required
If you are a devoted and self-motivated professional, we want to hear from you!
Apply to Cynthia McCutcheon: [email protected]
Please note that only those candidates who fulfill the requirements will receive a response.
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from all candidates regardless of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, disability, age, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.