Director, Organizational Change Management
On behalf of our client, Manitoba Public Insurance, the Crown corporation that delivers insurance, registration and licensing services to Manitoba drivers, we are recruiting a Director, Organizational Change Management in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Employee and Community Engagement and Chief Human Resource Officer (CHRO), the Director, Organizational Change Management is responsible for leading the design, development, and execution of a robust change management practice used in large corporate initiatives and transformations to drive successful business engagement, adoption, transition, and long-term utilization of changes.
As the primary change leader for corporate initiatives, the Director guides and supports senior leaders, executives, and other stakeholders and enables them to fulfill the role of business process owner/change sponsor. The Director oversees large corporate-wide changes and ensures organizational readiness for adoption of technology, processes, and people impacts.
As a leader within the Employee and Community Engagement division, the Director, Organizational Change Management actively seeks opportunities to build collaborative work relationships and integrate projects across all related functions to more effectively support the business goals of the corporation. The role ensures department, division and corporate objectives are met and that the corporate mission and values are supported. The position regularly liaises with Directors and Executives to ensure that change management strategies align with the business direction.
- Leads the design, development, and execution of robust change management practices to proactively engage and support business process improvement projects and large corporate initiatives.
- Responsible for the corporate change management methodology and related strategies that augment and guide corporate strategic initiatives, goals, and all transformational changes.
- Acts as a coach for senior leaders and executives in helping them fulfil the role of business process owner/change sponsor and supports project teams in integrating change management activities into project plans.
- Works with all areas of the Corporation to resource for and/or support change management for changes and projects. Collaborates with other departments and areas to facilitate the integration of change management methodologies and practices.
- Works with other departments within the HR division to ensure that change management and internal communications activities align with overall human resource strategies and programs.
- Responsible for all activities of a Director, including participation in strategic planning, long term human resource and succession planning, budgeting for special projects, and improvement initiatives.
- Supports the development of the divisional budget and complies with the approved annual operating budget.
- Responsible for hiring, performance management, and workforce planning, and staff development planning, including a focus on succession planning.
- Contributes to the overall growth and development of the Corporation by participating as a member of the Senior Leadership Team (Directors), and other corporate steering committees (Nova) as required to provide input and guidance.
- Facilitates the ongoing development of change management and communication expertise within the team.
Education & Experience
- Degree in business, human resources or related area.
- Completion of Prosci’s change management certification program, or equivalent.
- Ten years of relevant, progressive experience with responsibility for change management within large-scale, organizational transformations
- Experience developing and implementing change management methodology is an asset.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Advanced communications skills and interpersonal savvy with the ability to present information effectively
- Advanced coaching and mentoring skills, including a strong understanding of how people and organizations go through change and the change process
- Advanced knowledge of principles and practices of effective change management
- Ability to convey complex information in a concise and straightforward manner
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with leaders and peers
- Effects change without direct exercise of command.
- Ability to impact and influence across various stakeholder especially where no formal authority exists
- Organizational and political agility
- Working knowledge of project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Knowledge of risk management practices
For the full job description and opportunity profile for this director level role, please reach out to Summit Search Group. If you want to make an impact on the direction and success of Manitoba Public Insurance, we want to speak to you. Please contact Jessica Willis or Matt Erhard from Summit Search Group in confidence at [email protected], [email protected]
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Director, Organizational Change Management