Submit your resume
The Director, Western Canada will be part of the Management Team of our client’s company. The Director is responsible for the advancement of the program with Provincial Governments and related regulatory agencies and associations. This includes British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Yukon and the Northwest Territories.
The Director will be the main liaison and point of contact with these Governments. The Director will proactively develop, secure and maintain a positive relationship with the Governments and/or related authorities. The Director is primarily responsible for ensuring the relationship with the Governments and/or related authorities that the program and brand are in good standing with the authorities.
- Regular meetings and discussions with Government and/or their agencies to review the Program and Performance
- Address/bring forward any issues raised by the regulators
- Advocate with regulators and other stakeholders on behalf of the organization
- Attend appropriate conferences (Provincial or National)
- Participate in Stewardship Committees, if applicable
- Work with other Stewardship Programs, Lead the advisory Committee for SK
- Closely monitor changes in legislation and address or bring forward these matters that affect the Program or may potentially impact the company’s growth in the future
- Lead the annual audit and ensure all annual and other reports are filed on time and meet regulatory requirements
- Negotiate/ensure program renewals, contracts and related matters such as public consultation is executed and secured
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent or related industry experience
- Minimum 7 Years’ experience in general management, government relations and/or client services. Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills are required
- Results-driven, creative, energetic self-starter who can work independently in a fast-paced environment with the ability to execute tasks and deliver results
- Ability to strategize, identify opportunities and develop solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills, collaborative, and positive attitude
- Knowledge of EPR (Extended Producer Responsibility) and understanding of EPR regulations
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Travel outside of the office is required for meetings, conferences, etc. (20- 40% subject to COVID restrictions)
Are you the person they are looking for? Get in touch with me and apply now. Not ready to apply or have questions first? Send me an email in confidence and we can go through this opportunity in more detail. [email protected]
We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration and living in Canada will be contacted.