Submit your resume
Summit Search Group is proud to partner with Canada Lands Company (CLC) to recruit a Director, Real Estate for the redevelopment Naawi-Oodena in Winnipeg, Manitoba. CLC intends to develop its 21 hectares (51 acres) as a mixed use residential and commercial community with the remining 44.5 hectares (110 acres) being developed as an Indigenous Urban Economic Zone by the Treaty One Nation (Brokenhead Ojibway Nation, Long Plain First Nation, Peguis First Nation, Roseau River Anishinabe First Nation, Sagkeeng First Nation, Sandy Bay First Nation, and Swan Lake First Nation).
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The Director, Real Estate will assist with selection and coordination of consultants and will work with the City of Winnipeg to identify and resolve master planning and rezoning matters. The Director, Real Estate will lead on community consultation and communications in support of the ongoing planning and development processes. This role will lead the master planning entitlement process through rezoning and development, including oversight of parcel servicing and development, landscape and public realm design and public art programs. The Director, Real Estate will also lead on the development and implementation of marketing and sales programs as well as on the implementation of corporate strategic objectives at the project level.
- Manages and coordinates all elements of Naawi-Oodena in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
- Coordinates planning, development, and other real estate activities with the Treaty One Nation, owners of 68% of the Naawi-Oodena site and collaborators on the project.
- Actively participates in projects where issues of a complex or strategic nature require the expertise of an experienced land development professional. This may include strategizing and negotiating arrangements with respect to municipal approvals, engineering approvals, and land servicing contracts.
- Participates in the preparation, review, and implementation of short-term and long-term planning activities, budgets, schedules, and business plans formulation.
- Prepares pro-formas and supporting documentation and monitors project budgets/ schedules to ensure projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Develops and oversees consultant selection processes in creating the external multidisciplinary team (lawyers, appraisers, architects, planners, engineers, etc.) to advance project development.
- Directs and works with multi-disciplinary consultant teams to address project requirements, prepare drawings and reports, engage government officials, and obtain approvals for development from approval authorities.
- Oversees community engagement, and interacts with stakeholders, serving as an ambassador for CLC.
- Participates in environmental assessments and develops site remediation strategies, as required.
- Generates optimum value from Naawi-Oodena, including finding the optimal balance of financial return with community objectives and fulfilling the Company’s relevant corporate objectives and initiatives.
- Builds long-term business relationships with builders, approval authorities, contract professionals and communities/stakeholders.
- Directs and liaises between consultants and contractors, builders and third parties to ensure all parties have appropriate direction and required information to work as a team and ensure deadlines are met.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Urban Planning, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, or Engineering (or comparable field) is required, including professional certification(s).
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years of experience in real estate development planning, development, sales, marketing, and valuation.
- Exposure to municipal servicing and land development including knowledge of community master planning and regulatory approvals, community consultation, mixed use/residential development, and site servicing.
- Demonstrated relevant and comparable project experience of a size and scale compared with Naawi-Oodena.
- Project management skills including ability to establish budgets, meet schedules, manage project files, and make appropriate decisions to ensure the successful outcome of the project.
- General knowledge of environmental issues, requirements and remediation alternatives.
- Knowledge of provincial and municipal government organization structures and legislation to develop strategies and secure land development approvals.
- Knowledge of land development processes and practices from initial review of project feasibility to concept planning, to municipal approval process, to servicing and sale of assets.
- Knowledge of economic factors affecting real estate markets and knowledge of the latest trends and innovations in real estate development.
- Experience conducting public presentations.
- Experience in contract management and administration.
- Proficient with computers and software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Project.
Summit Search Group has a strong commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion. We strive for continuous development, modeling, inclusive behaviors and proactively managing bias throughout our process.