Our client is headquartered on Annacis Island, Delta, BC, and has 14 locations and 240+ employees. They are a premier wholesale supplier and distributor throughout Western Canada and the United States. They provide exclusive access to the most recognized and popular consumer goods brands in the world with industry best product variety and customer service. They deliver to Major Grocery, Drug, Gas & Convenience, chain retailers and independent retailers across Western North American markets through Direct to Store Delivery (DSD), and Warehouse Fulfillment, and provide services for mobile vendors, corporate events, and third-party logistics (3PL) customers.
As a rapidly growing company and as their business scales up, they are looking for a seasoned Director of Finance to drive the execution of strategic finance initiatives. This is a senior leadership position reporting to the President.
The appointee will be responsible for financial strategy, financial planning and analysis, financial reports, company audits, compliance, and risk management. They will collaborate with the executive team to make decisions regarding company’s financial strategy and operations. This is an enviable opportunity for those seeking to join a growing company as well as make a significant contribution to a performance driven culture.
The appointee will be a forward-thinking strategic executive who can act as a partner to the President. They will be the key architect to the company’s business processes, systems and control processes to drive and support the company continuing growth. As the company transitions into the next phase of its growth, the appointee is expected to successfully increase the capability and capacity in the finance function to ensure Finance can most effectively support the growing business of the company.
- Oversees all financial functions including reporting, budgeting, performance management, internal controls, forecasting, financing, and tax planning.
- Provides leadership in fiscal management to enable achievement of the company’s priorities while remaining fiscally responsible and taking a long term strategic financial view.
- Establishes and oversees implementation of short- and long-range finance goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial entities are functioning within the financial risk framework and that they are in compliance with all relevant limits and regulatory requirements.
- Designs, establishes, and maintains an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the department’s goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the production and integrity of internal and external financial reports including financial statements and monthly rolling forecast projections for use by the executive management team.
- Directs the reporting and analysis of financial and operational data
- Manages banking and financial partner relationships in Canada and the United States.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 20+ years leadership experience in similar capacity
- A degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field. A CPA, MBA or master’s degree in a financial discipline are all valuable assets
- Demonstrated success in leading the finance functions in growing companies gained ideally in food distribution and warehousing sectors
- Experience leading Finance teams in a multi-entity, multi-site, and North American setting
- Demonstrated experience in taxation strategies and tax planning
- A reputation for being a trusted financial advisor who fosters teamwork, collaboration, and progressive change
- Extensive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, long-range planning, and financial analysis
- Strong business acumen and a sophisticated and entrepreneurial style
- A knack for synthesizing complexity and designing systems and processes to ensure the integrity of the finance function while adapting to growth and change
- Ability to assess complex and sensitive situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks and make complex decisions that are in the best interests of the department and the company
- Strong leadership skills, including a team orientation and ability to inspire
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills and a proven ability to foster a positive and enthusiastic work dynamic throughout all levels in the company.
Summit Search Group values diversity and is an equal opportunities employer.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.