Director of Engineering
The Pembina Valley Water Cooperative is a privately held not for profit cooperative, owned by 14 municipalities in Southern Manitoba. PVWC provides a regional approach to producing and distributing high quality, potable water to over 59,000 people and for industrial, business and agricultural needs in the region. With their head office in Altona, Manitoba they have water treatment plants located in Morris, Letellier and Stephenfield.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Engineering will provide technical guidance for the engineering team to support their three plants and play a pivotal role as they undertake significant expansion and upgrades to meet the needs of customers in Manitoba. The Director is a people centric leader, strong communicator – analytical and technical, yet able to convey ideas simply to both internal and external partners. The successful candidate brings an attitude of entrepreneurship with a strong business acumen; is self-driven and innovative with a focus on Continuous Improvement, Quality and Customer Service.
- Oversee the capital management process and coach company project managers, including development, contract administration and the coordination of consultants and contractors; ensuring the project scope is aligned with needs and budget.
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with company values.
- Provide engineering and technical support for existing plant operations
- Oversee facility planning and project management; ensure timely documentation, resource allocation, funding strategy and training.
- Lead and manage the activities of the department and oversee the development and implementation of policies, procedures and processes.
- Coach, mentor and motivate team members and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Provide technical expertise relating to operating functions and processes in preparation for substantial completion of projects and monitor progress.
- B. Sc. degree or equivalent in Engineering from an accredited institution, with 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Registration in Manitoba as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng) is desirable.
- Knowledge of project management – PMP certification is an asset
- 3+ years in a leadership/management role with experience leading and coaching teams with seniority levels ranging from junior to senior.
- Experience with capital planning and project management, process improvement, cash flow management and financial and resource projections for projects.
- A hands-on technical leader with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Previous experience within a plant processing or manufacturing environment.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) skills are essential.
As an expression of interest, please submit your resume and cover letter to Gail Eckert at [email protected] or call 204-926-8678
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Director of Engineering