Director, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
About Our Client:
Our client is confidential.
The Director, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion will provide overall leadership and strategic direction related to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives that include developing and delivering the organization’s DEI roadmap action plans through creating DEI principles, practices, standards, programs and events that align with company culture and make a positive, sustainable impact. The Director will engage senior executives and the Leadership Team through initiatives that support and enhance their already welcoming and inclusive culture. The role will also be accountable for creating and managing a diversity dashboard that incorporates external data/trends for executive decision-making. This role reports to the CHRO and is an individual contributor role that leads through collaboration and teamwork.
- Lead the implementation of a business-driven company-wide diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) roadmap that includes short-term and long-term goals, KPI’s, action plans and metrics to assess and track progress over time
- Work closely with the executive leadership team, the Inclusive Workplace Council (IWC) and Human Resources (HR) to deliver on the DEI roadmap through designing and implementing relevant programs including education, policy and system reviews, and steering change, ensuring all inclusion, diversity and equity programs are aligned with the business’ strategy and needs, and deliver the desired business benefit
- Help cultivate and embed DEI champions and provide them with the support, encouragement and skills necessary to strengthen their commitment to DEI principles and company values to build their leadership competency “Optimizing Diverse Talent”
- Provide input from a DEI lens to enterprise-wide HR programs developed by the Centers of Excellence, providing insights into the specific and diverse needs of each designated group; and collaborate by providing input and guidance to ensure the right supports are provided from HR to the business for the attraction, selection, onboarding, development, training and engagement of diverse team members
- Conduct the FCP compliance audit and deliver on action plans to meet governmental requirements, identify any systemic DEI issues that may arise by utilizing research informed recommendations to address the gaps and ensure the effectiveness and enhancement of DEI strategies and programs that advance inclusion
- Lead signature DEI events annually to reinforce and sustain DEI principles integrated with company culture and values
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Proficiency in communications – a persuasive and articulate speaker, writer, and presenter (bilingualism in French would be an asset)
- Highly motivated, results-driven enthusiasm with the empathy, resilience and commitment to bring people and ideas together to drive sustainable change
- Extensive network in the DEI space would be an asset
- As the leading subject matter expert, have extensive knowledge of best practices and laws related to the Federal Contractors Employment Equity Program (FCP) and the relevant reports, metrics and action plans that meet government requirements
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Human Resources or a related field, Master’s Degree strongly preferred
- Minimum of 10 years proven leadership experience in diversity, equity, and inclusion demonstrating significant organizational impact as a thought leader and partner to executive level leadership who is also able to roll up their sleeves and do the work
To apply, please send a resume to Allison Dwyer at [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Director, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion