Are you an experienced business development professional looking to advance your career in the construction industry? Our client, one of the leading innovators within the construction industry is currently looking to hire a Director, Business Development in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
This company is known for their high-quality performance and has been recognized as a market leader that hires exceptional people to achieve goals and fulfill business targets. The successful Candidate will represent our client at all industry functions, and will lead the team strategy, market intelligence and business decision making for all processes. The incumbent will collaborate with the Regional Manager and Executive VP to leverage existing local relationships for growth opportunities. We are looking for someone who has a strong local knowledge of the construction industry and has the ability to establish strong partnerships.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Creating and maintaining business development opportunities with existing and potential clients
- Working on current targeted project status and known future bidding opportunities
- Determining and growing government relations strategy
- Building, leading, and motivating a team to contribute to business development goals
- Understanding the needs of clients and ensuring proposals are adequately assessed
- Delivering exceptional presentations/proposals to win clients’ business
- Creating strategies to optimize project opportunities and execute initiatives that encompass procurement models
- Participation in company wide business development discussions
- Liaising with other divisions of the company, including senior leadership, the Regional Manager and Executive Vice President
- Preparation and Implementation of action plans
- Creating strategies to oversee overall effective business development program across Atlantic Canada
- Coordinate with the Regional Manager and team on all decisions regarding facilities management, designers, equity partner etc.)
- Coordinating commercial discussions and tracking the team’s progress through the bid development phase
- Developing strategies on communication, industry involvement and sales strategies to clients
- Overseeing the management of consultant and subtrade relations across all operations
- Attending company meetings, events, and conferences.
- 7+ years minimum Business Development experience in the construction industry
- Post secondary diploma/degree in engineering or business
- Ability to establish strong relationships with decision-makers and prospective clients
- Experience with being involved in preconstruction process
- Exceptional leadership and presentation skills
- Ability to travel within Atlantic Canada (limited) and some national level travel as well
- Having a well-known brand and respected reputation in the construction industry
- Having a successful network of participation in industry committees and growing associations
- Bilingualism (French & English) would be an asset but is not a requirement
This is a full-time permanent position with a competitive salary, 4 weeks vacation, group insurance package and matching RRSP! Our client maintains a supportive and positive culture where employees are valued.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply.
- Please submit application packages to [email protected] with the heading Director BD in the subject line.
- For more information about this opportunity please contact [email protected]
Summit Search Group would like to thank everyone who applies. Only candidates who meet the criteria will receive follow up communications.
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from all candidates regardless of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, disability, age, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.