Submit your resume
Our client is seeking a Designer / Project Manager that will be reporting to General Manager.
About the company
Our client is the leading Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) Integrator in North America. With over 20,000 successful applications to date, they are a trusted partner across heavy industries. They engineer and assemble speed control equipment for a wide range of electric motor applications. Specializing in forestry, pulp and paper, mining, oil & gas, automotive, factory automation and petrochemical, our client is a VFD systems integrator complete with electrical control design, manufacturing, service, site commissioning, and start-up.
Their team of Designers are experts in systems design and can manage any scale project, from a simple fan application to a complex VFD control system with a dynamic multi-drive network.
They also supply LV and MV Soft Starters, DC Drives, AC motors, HMI terminals, PLC’s, as well as assemble a wide range of control equipment. For those systems with continuous high torque applications, they also have vast experience in servo motors and controls.
Their manufacturing shop is fully CSA and UL approved and has forty (40) full-time technicians combined between Vancouver and Mississauga. Their capabilities include everything from 1500 HP motor starters to full MCC lineups with multiple VFDs. Our client also provides unparalleled after-sales service and support: They have a dedicated team of trained technicians available 24 hours a day, across North America.
Automation Systems Design:
- Design Automation Control Systems including P&ID Drawings, Control System Architecture, Control Narratives, Network Layouts, Information Management, Asset Management, and information and operation technologies (IT/OT) convergence.
- Hardware and electrical design for PLC, VFD and motor control systems.
- Manage schedule, scope and budgets for multiple concurrent projects.
- Take a project management role for larger complex projects, overseeing other technical members as required, responsible for delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Provide on-site project management and higher-level commissioning assistance as needed.
- Manage change orders to ensure orderly project flow
Business Development and Sales Support:
- Work closely with the sales team to develop innovative solutions to customer needs and assist with the sales process.
- Provide technical leadership and R&D for new customer processes or system designs.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with key clients and build relationships with new clients.
- Assist with the technical development of sales proposals.
- Provide technical sales presentations to customers.
- Cultivate relationships with supplier partners to provide a focused and coordinated strategy to maximize our mutual business opportunities efficiently.
- Project Lifecycle Support
- Kickoff meeting with the sales and production teams.
- Liaison with customers.
- Attend and lead Lessons Learned meetings.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to the Service team.
- Promote corporate core values of Teamwork, Quality, Safety, Customer Service, Integrity and Open, Respectful Communication.
- Some travel as required.
- Strong knowledge of leading industrial automation technologies (DCS, PLC, Drives, MCCs). Ability to apply the knowledge to solve problems and improve customer productivity creatively.
- To understand customers’ critical needs/priorities and present solutions to help our clients be successful in meeting operational KPI goals through automation and electrical solutions.
- Team player, able to multitask, adapt and be innovative in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Interact at all levels within our company, our customers and our suppliers.
- Excellent communication, presentation, organizational and time management skills.
- Experienced working in or with an automation integrator.
- Drive to succeed, willing to take on new challenges and have a can-do attitude.
- Additional (optional) assets:
- Good understanding of mechanical systems and instrumentation.
- AutoCAD, SolidWorks and EPLAN drafting systems
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Electrical installation and integration with automation systems (turnkey projects)
Qualifications and Education:
- Electrical Engineer or Electrical/Electronic Technician/Technologist, or equivalent work experience.
- Industrial electrical systems design/installation knowledge.
- 5+ years of experience in industrial automation systems integration.
What’s in it for you:
- Great company culture with realistic career growth opportunities
- Base salary range between 110-125K and an annual bonus up to 10%
- Full extended medical and dental benefits
Are you the person they are looking for? Get in touch with me and apply now. Not ready to apply or have questions first? Send me an email in confidence and we can go through this opportunity in more detail. [email protected]
We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.