Submit your resume
Our client is a Canadian manufacturer who is a leading supplier to Canada’s oil and gas industry based on their dedication to craftsmanship, hard work, and open communication.
As a result of growth, we are currently in an active search for an Engineering Manager to lead and manage their talented design engineering team in Edmonton.
The purpose for this role will be to plan, coordinate and oversee the engineering and technical activities of the corporation. They will plan and manage all resource requirements, ensuring success now and in the future.
Responsibilities will include:
- Establish annual and long-term objectives in accordance with corporate objectives.
- Resource planning for staff and outsourced engineering support.
- Support and collaborate with Business Development, Project Management and Operations.
- Evaluate new project and business opportunities.
- Build team KPIs such as on-time performance, cycle time and productivity to support implementation of new ideas, processes, and equipment for continuous improvement.
- Offer day-to-day technical guidance.
- Driving productivity, motivation, and performance. Ensure compliance with established quality and production procedures. Provide leadership to sustain a culture of continuous improvement and client satisfaction.
- Uphold the company’s core values and maintain Health and Safety at the highest level.
- Responsible for overall resource management, including recruitment, teambuilding, staff development, engagement, and performance management.
- Responsible for the complete planning and scheduling of the engineering department. Including assigning projects/tasks to the engineering and drafting team.
- To provide mentorship to the project engineer for finding effective technical solutions to varied projects.
- To ensure that the company is meeting and maintaining its ABSA obligations.
- Responsible for meeting and maintaining APEGGA obligations
- Forge and maintain relationships with customers.
- Interacts with organizational team members and other departments in a professional, solutions-oriented manner.
- Leads monthly safety meetings.
- 10-15 years experience design engineering.
- Experience in managing teams and developing/mentoring staff.
- Sc. in Mechanical Engineering with P.Eng. designation, registered with APEGGA
- Experience in the design and manufacturing of tanks, pressure vessels or equivalent is an asset.
- In-depth understanding with API-650, API-653, ASME B31.3 is an asset
- Should be comfortable in a boardroom setting, fabrication shop or construction site.
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, Adobe PDF, Outlook, AutoCAD. FEA, SolidWorks
- Ability to develop and communicate best practices.
- Scheduling and resource planning experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proactive, innovative, and collaborative profile.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills