Submit your resume
About Our Client: Our client is one of the largest global providers of the fuel needed to energize a clean-air world.
As a member of the design engineering team, you will provide electrical engineering expertise throughout the Port Hope conversion facility, including, but not limited to, instrumentation, loop drawings, electrical control systems, and power distribution systems. You will also provide design work and technical support to operations, maintenance and the site projects team. You are considered the design authority for the site for electrical and instrumentation systems and will approve all related drawings for the site. You may be required to manage some projects related to your field of expertise from conception through to implementation. You provide specialized technical information and guidance ensuring solutions are based on knowledge and training, and in compliance with federal codes, our client’s procedures, standards and regulatory requirements.
Applicants will be considered for a level within the job progression which is appropriate to their qualifications.
- Ensure designs comply with all regulatory requirements.
- Liaise with municipal and provincial regulators to ensure adherence to standards.
- Oversee compliance other relevant industry standards.
- Lead the design team in creating and reviewing plans for nuclear facility projects.
- Ensure that all design work, whether done in-house or by third parties, meets regulatory and our client’s standards.
- Sign off on third-party designs, ensuring their alignment with project goals and compliance requirements.
- Engage with operations engineering groups to ensure smooth plant functioning.
- Work with subject matter experts (SMEs) across the site, building strong relationships for effective project execution.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a healthy capital plan for the engineering and projects department.
- Prioritize projects that contribute to the improvement and efficiency of the facility.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements within the chemical processing facility.
- Ensure comprehensive documentation of all design work and project-related activities.
- Facilitate effective communication between the design team and other stakeholders.
- Stay updated on advancements in nuclear engineering, chemical processing, and relevant technologies.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Self-starter with strong trouble shooting and analytical skills.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment while building strong relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Proven rational decision making skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of SAP.
- Knowing of chemical processing an asset.
- Expertise in electrical engineering, particularly related to nuclear and manufacturing environments.
- In-depth knowledge of instrumentation, including experience with P90s (piping and instrumentation drawings).
- Ability to interpret and apply municipal, provincial, and industry-specific regulations.
- Ability to collaborate with subject matter experts (SMEs) across the site and build strong professional relationships.
- Ability to identify and implement process improvements within a chemical processing facility.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of industrial experience.
- Undergraduate degree in electrical engineering.
- Licensed Professional Engineer.
- Experience with instrumentation, loop drawings and control narratives.
- Proven professional experience in manufacturing or chemical process environment.
- Experience gained from within a chemical or petrochemical continuous operation.
- Project Management experience.
To apply, please send a resume to Jessica Alcock at [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.