Submit your resume
This opportunity is with the Ottawa International Airport Authority.
The Authority is a leader in providing quality, safe, secure, sustainable and affordable air transportation services to the airport’s customers and communities and be a driver of economic growth within Canada’s Capital Region.
They are seeking a full-time Data Center Specialist to join their Information Technology and Telecommunications team in Ottawa, Ontario.
Reporting to the Senior Information (IT) Architect, this role will be responsible for the ongoing management, operation and support of the Airport’s Data Center. Flexibility to shift hours will be required in order to respond to critical issues and events that occur outside of normal work hours.
The successful candidate will have strong leadership and motivational skills. They will have to demonstrate their strong organizational skills and their ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will possess excellent troubleshooting, analytical, and time management skills. They will exhibit good project planning skills. The successful candidate will have the ability to write automation scripts and procedures. They must demonstrate a willingness to continually upgrade their knowledge and skills. The successful candidate will be able to interact professionally with staff. They must be able to work as a team member, yet work independently on problems as they arise. These abilities, as well as a professional, positive attitude will ensure success in building positive working relationships and interact well in a team environment.
Some of your key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Manage Cisco UCS environments including design, build, and maintenance;
- Maintain and support production environments consisting of multiple versions of VMWare ESXi, vCenter, vCOPS, Horizon and other VMware products;
- Create, maintain and deploy Windows server templates for multiple versions of Windows 2016, 2019, and VDI desktop;
- Troubleshoot VMware related issues, submit logs, and modify vCOPS reports; and
- Monitor and report hosts, VMs metrics, capacities and health metrics.
Storage and Data Network Operations
- Maintain and support production environments consisting of EMC VNX Storages, Cisco MDS Data Switches and Cisco Core Nexus switches;
- Troubleshoot storage network related issues, submit logs, and SPCollects;
- Pack/return/receive hard-drives and hardware components from/to vendors;
- Create/manage VSAN, LUN Zoning, LUN Masking, and LUN provisioning; and
- Monitor and report storage I/O and capacity.
Blade Servers and Core Network Operation
- Maintain and support production environments consisting of Cisco UCS B and C series, Cisco Fabric Interconnect, and Cisco DC Networking Switches 2000, 5000 and 7000 series;
- Monitor protocol compatibility, perform system tuning and make recommendations for improvement;
- Provision new server hardware and profiles; and
- Monitor and report storage I/O and capacity.
Data Center Operations
- Write automation scripts and procedures for daily operations;
- Create and manage action plans and subsequent execution for upgrades, deployments, and decommissioning of physical gear in all data centers;
- Proactively manage capacity and inventory while ensuring continuous provisioning of capacity across all locations globally;
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the data center and carrying out scheduled maintenance activities;
- Responsible for the resolution of network faults (support) and escalation to the next level;
- Maintain documentation of the environment and operational procedures;
- Interface with network teams in design, performance optimization, and capacity planning;
- Monitor and manage physical aspects in data centers (space, equipment locations, power, cabinet/cage space, etc.) as well as operational metrics/statistics such as power, cooling, video monitoring, access controls, and other operations;
- Coordinate execution of practices and procedures in data centers as required by compliance policies;
- Create and maintain data center documentation, spare parts inventory, circuit/cross-connect diagrams, rack/cabinet inventory, hardware inventory, etc.;
- Provide compliance-related reporting as required; and
- Track hardware maintenance contracts.
- VCP-DCV (VMware Certified Professional – Data Center Virtualization Track) certification;
- Demonstrated experience with network management tools such as Sniffers, Netcat, Ethereal, and SolarWinds;
- Demonstrated experience with industry-standard monitoring tools;
- Experience with EMC troubleshooting toolset, EMC PowerPaths, SolarWinds suite, and Microsoft PowerShell libraries;
- Experience with VMware tools including ESX, ESXi/vSphere, vCenter, vMotion, DRS, vRealize and other virtualization technologies and concepts;
- Experience with Cisco UCS series, Nexus 2000, 5000 and 7000 series, and MDS series;
- Experience in the installation, management, and upgrading/migrating of Microsoft Server Operating Systems (2008 – 2019);
- Possesses a deep understanding of VMware core components and their relation to storage and networking;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Data Center technology, including on-prime and cloud (Azure, AWS, Google) infrastructure;
- Knowledge of ITIL standards and procedures;
- Knowledge of a scripting language (Python, Bash, Batch, and PowerShell); and
- Excellent communication and written skills in English.
The following qualifications will be considered as assets:
- CCNP certificates in any track;
- ITIL certificates in any track;
- Project Management experience; and
- Bilingualism (English and French).
Candidates must be in possession of a Class G drivers’ license (province of Ontario or Québec equivalent) along with a driver’s abstract (issued within the last month) and must be in possession of or be able to obtain an Airport security clearance for a Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC). The successful candidate MUST complete VCP-DCV and CCNA within eighteen (18) months of the appointment date.
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Please send a resume to Kyle Provost at [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.