Customer Service Representative
About Our Client: Our client is a growing yet well-established commodity trading company.
Summary: The Customer Service Representative is responsible for providing support to Traders/Sales Team by serving as the liaison to all parties involved in the customer order fulfillment process, from order placement to final delivery of product. This position entails communication with sales, customers, suppliers, plants, and warehouses, as well as internal team members. Demonstrate a positive attitude and the willingness to assist where needed in order to best serve the customer. Please note this is an in office based position with COVID protocols in place.
- Deal directly with customers and vendors by telephone, electronically and face to face
- Respond to or re-direct customer inquiries such as document requests, complaints, return orders, test result questions, discrepancies, damages, new product approval, sample requests, delivery status of orders, etc.
- Process Purchase orders, confirm availability, enter purchase orders and sales orders, and coordinate with all parties involved in the release and delivery of product.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments. Interact with traders, warehouse and quality assurance departments to provide updates on all orders
- Prepare and process import and/or export documentation for cross border and international shipments
- Maintain the Trading System database to ensure that all customer, supplier, product and pricing information is updated and accurate
- Maintain accurate and complete virtual files for all customer orders and related documentation.
- Invoice sales orders and process vendor invoices in a timely and accurate manner while adhering to all policies, procedures and guidelines of the company
- Work collaboratively with Accounting departments to resolve issues regarding credit holds, short payments, receivables and payables inquiries.
- Provide support to Traders with customer requests, claims, samples, material planning, documentation, etc.
- Follow company procedures and protocols (i.e. import procedures, Safe Foods for Canadians)
- Ad hoc tasks within administration, sales, etc.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong organizational skills
- Passionate and highly motivated
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite programs
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work well as part of a team as well as independently
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years Customer Service Experience or logistics an asset
- Post-secondary education is an asset
To apply, please send a resume to Aman Sodi at [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Customer Service Representative