Our client Cermaq is a world leading salmon farming company. We have a team of more than 3500 employees across Chile, Canada and Norway. A team committed and proud to grow superior seafood for a global market. At Cermaq, you become part of a meaningful, developing, and diverse workplace. We offer a wide range of job opportunities where you will be able to grow and learn in a sustainable and rapidly developing industry. We support our employees’ personal development and make it possible for you to realize new ideas and initiatives. Our culture is informal and committed. We are smart people in rubber boots. We care for each other, for the environment, and for our communities.
Cermaq Canada is seeking to fill the role of a permanent full-time Costing & Budgeting Controller to join our Finance team at our Campbell River office. If you enjoy detail-oriented work, a fast-paced environment, and accounting processes then we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Financial Controller, this position contributes to the strategic mandate of the organization by providing leadership and direction to the financial functions for the analysis and reporting of operations.
Primary Job Duties:
- Lead the department through decisions that could impact service levels at a regional level yet are beneficial to the company-wide operations that minimizes risk to supply and maximizes profit
- Support the sales team with credit insurance by providing the information to calculate the insurance
- Manage the freshwater budget, monthly costing and forecasting for timely and accurate reporting
- Support the analysis of budgets in all areas of the company for contribution to the final monthly reporting
- Support the preparation of the worksheets, budget, month end and forecast for the corporate financials that are presented to Group, the Board of Directors and the Cermaq Central Management Team
- Manage the reporting out of the saltwater monthly costing for a timely and accurate reporting out
- Monitor and control the payments processed for commitment to our timelines
- Support the Director and Controller with any analysis required on our operations or projects
- Support the management team with strategic initiatives and cost efficiency projects
- Prepare the profit & loss statement for review by the Financial Controller and Director
- Liaison with corporate tax consultants and internal/external auditors
- Preparing ad hoc reports as required for local management and global head office
- Leads the team being mindful of the core values and leadership principles that guide all employees at Cermaq.
Education, Experience and Skills
- CPA designation or a combination of education and experience
- Minimum of four years experience in a similar role with a multi-national or similarly sized organization
- Prior experience working with budgets and results analysis
- Proven interpersonal and communications skills that drives results
Physical Job Requirements
- Capable of car and plane travel
This is a full-time position based out of the Campbell River Head Office and works Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm with some flexibility required. Company benefits are available immediately during Covid-19 restrictions. Some regional travel may be required.
How to Apply:
If your qualifications meet the application requirements and you would like to apply for this opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter by e-mail, stating “Costing & Budgeting Controller” in the subject line to:| E- mail: [email protected]
Cermaq Canada is an equal opportunities employer who provides a workplace that is free of discrimination.
Cermaq Canada has a progressive view of reconciliation with Indigenous peoples. Although wholly committed to hire the best candidate available, we strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples for this role.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.