Corporate Talent Acquisition Specialist
Location: Toronto, Ontario or remote (across Canada)
About Our Client: Our client is a successful and well-recognized private staffing/recruitment firm headquartered in Toronto with a presence across in North America. Our client has extensive plans to continue to grow and expand their business cross North America over the next 10 years.
Position Scope: The Corporate Talent Acquisition Specialist will source candidates on behalf of internal hiring managers (all internal talent acquisition). The successful candidate will be able to attract first-rate talent and to ensure lasting and successful placements internally – these roles span across sales, HR, client service, finance, etc. The Corporate Talent Acquisition Specialist will build and extend hiring manager relationships through excellence in recruitment process delivery including sourcing, screening, assessing, and marketing candidates to key internal stakeholders in the organization. This role focuses on high touch candidate relationship management as well as customer focus and responsiveness to internal hiring managers. The Corporate Talent Acquisition Specialist is the subject matter expert around applicant tracking systems, candidate sourcing methodologies and recruitment process effectiveness for the internal hiring process.
- Partner with the internal hiring managers and stakeholders to identify their strategic objectives for their hiring needs
- Identify & communicate continuous improvement opportunities and strategies for Talent Acquisition
- Conduct role briefing with the internal hiring manager and set expectations for recruitment process
- Create and execute multi-channel sourcing strategy to source candidates meeting client profile and/or building talent pool for current and future requirements
- Apply and adapt broader talent acquisition strategies (employer branding, internal recruiting, diversity, etc.)
- Investigate additional screening and testing methodologies on a role by role basis that could assist with identifying key competencies for the applicants.
- Leverage candidate databases (internal and external) in addition to other sourcing channels (university, competitive research, job fairs, social) to identify prospective candidates to create awareness and invite them to apply for open positions including cold calling prospects.
- Devise and carry out a targeted research strategy for all identified positions by evaluating competitors, similar companies and the marketplace to provide insights that may impact the hiring process
- Facilitate the creation of internal job descriptions alongside the hiring manager for new positions and review existing job descriptions prior to commencing search to validate the existing requirements including compensation are relevant to the current organizational standards
- Track and identify prospective candidates using a variety of channels
- Assess candidates to ensure qualification match, cultural fit and compatibility with the organization and role.
- Qualify candidates meet internal hiring requirements including background screening, testing and ability to provide supervisory references
- Source qualified candidates, interview and present shortlisted candidates with a detailed profile summary to hiring managers
- Offer guidance and facilitate the offer and negotiation process through to its completion
- Follow up with hiring managers and assist with the candidate’s transition and onboarding process
- Participate in Campus Recruitment and/or job fair requirements that may attract new graduates
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Deep understanding of corporate recruitment process
- Extensive experience interacting with Hiring Managers throughout the recruitment process
- Experience developing and executing sourcing methodologies to include market mapping, recruitment strategies and Boolean searches
- Proficiency in using applicant tracking systems (Bullhorn), recruiting software and candidate databases
- Strong knowledge of candidate selection methods
- Previous experience with candidate sourcing tools and methods
- Excellent knowledge of area of expertise (market status, trends, best practices)
- Client focus along with relationship building skills
- Business acumen and market insight
- Effective negotiation, influencing and communication skills
- Integrity and confidentiality
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree or college diploma
- Proven working experience in recruiting for a minimum of 5 years
- The ideal candidate will have corporate recruitment experience
Application Instructions: To apply, please send a resume to Aman Sodi at [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Corporate Talent Acquisition Specialist