Submit your resume
Our client specializes in pipeline construction with operations across Western Canada.
This position will work out of the company’s Acheson (Edmonton) divisional office and occasionally travel to the company’s Edson and Red Deer offices.
- Planning, directing, and coordinating all accounting operational functions.
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results.
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements.
- Coordinating activities of external auditors
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Managing the budget process
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
- Preparation of the required financial reporting and analysis for the business and affiliates.
- May also include financial/controller support for other affiliate businesses as required in the future.
- To develop a working understanding of the company business and affiliates, including the knowledge of the processes and flow of financial transactions and information as they relate to the operations and the financial statements for the business.
- The position will report to the company president and is based out of the corporate office in Acheson Alberta with occasional travel to the company’s Edson and Red Deer offices.
- In the initial stages on the role, work with the management, operations, and administrative staff on site at their offices in Edson Alberta and Red Deer as required to acquire the knowledge and understanding of their line of business and the associated financial transactions and processes to acquire the working understanding.
- Back-up support within the office administration groups to ensure continuity of the payroll, AP and other office functions at these businesses may be required from time to time.
- Accreditation and accounting, finance, or similar field preferred
- At least five years experience as a financial administrator or controller
- Advanced competency in financial management and accounting software such as Jonas or similar
- In-depth knowledge of accounting standards and industry regulations
- Extensive experience in corporate finances, auditing, and performance management
- Strong organizational and time management abilities
- Excellent leadership, communication, and collaboration skills