Summit Search Group has partnered with an organization from Nunavut to recruit a highly-driven and technical Controller. Under the supervisor of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Controller will be responsible for providing organizational leadership in key financial and business planning, to assist our client in the effective administration of their corporation and subsidiary companies. The position also provides critical analysis for evaluations on the viability and financial requirements, including financing options for any of our clients business initiatives.
The incumbent provides corporate oversight and guidance for the continuing development and upkeep of financial procedures and controls that may be required for our clients economic activities. The Controller carries out these duties, and oversees administrative responsibilities for our clients human resources requirements, in compliance with the financial controls approved by the Chief Financial Officer, in accordance with generally acceptable accounting and auditing standards, and in meeting with the financial and human resource planning requirements set forth by our clients Board of Directors.
- Directing budget and costs controls, financial analysis, accounting practices and reports, including monthly, annual, and corporate reporting requirements.
- Controlling all revenue, receivables, and payable transactions and for any contributions direct to or from our client and setting up for appropriate payment and signing authorities.
- Evaluating chart of accounts for new or revised vendor reports, as necessary to ensure the accuracy of recorded items, initiating corrective action as required to maintain integrity.
- Ensuring that contracting and purchasing activities are properly documented and are in proper adherence to our clients purchasing and/or contract financial tracking systems.
- Providing timely and comprehensive briefings on the expenditures and revenues against budgets and cash flows, to ensure that budget targets are met.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly financial reports for management, Board of Directors, and for submission to stakeholders as required.
- Working closely with the CFO, providing financial advice/analytical support in the production of reports, with respect to the progress of existing or new undertakings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA) preferred, alternatively the candidate must be, or is willing to be, working towards certification.
- 5+ years of proven supervisory experience with a strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, and auditing standards.
- Proficient in working within a cross cultural environment and demonstrate a clear understanding of Designated Inuit Organizations under the Nunavut Agreement.
- Functional level of communication to others within the work setting, along with a strong fluency in written and oral Inuktitut, is a definite asset.
A housing and relocation package is available for this position.
For more information, or to submit your resume, please reach out to Matt Erhard at Summit Search Group, [email protected]