Submit your resume
Time to take your exceptional Accounting and Leadership skills into a expanding company! How exciting to be involved in acquisitions, making strategic decisions, and working collaboratively with the President of the company!
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a Controller in Halifax, Nova Scotia. The Controller will oversee and support the accounting and administrative teams to ensure the company’s overall financial success. They have strong leadership and communication skills and are able to empower members of their team. They are detail-oriented, and excellent problem solver, and are able to meet deadlines and goals.
- Managing and coaching the accounting team to ensure completion of regular tasks and procedures by establishing working priorities and deadlines.
- Working with internal teams such as Operations and Sales to ensure smooth operating of business processes.
- Ensuring compliance to all corporate policies and procedures.
- Liaising with Corporate offices for the timely submission of operational reports and financial statements.
- Ensuring the creditability and consistency of variable compensation plans, calculating commission payouts, and assisting business unit leaders with establishing sales targets and goals.
- Preparing financial reports, annual operating and capital budgets, and other reports as requested.
- Leading the preparation and coordination of the annual external auditing process.
- Completing other duties as required.
- Occasional travel may be required.
The Ideal Candidate Brings:
- A University degree in accounting, along with an accounting designation.
- 5 years’ experience in a managerial role.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of accounting practices.
- Exceptional computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office products.
- Previous experience with Prophet 21 software and Crystal Reports is an asset.
- The ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines, and solve complex problems.
- Strong organizational, leadership, communication, and teamwork skills.
- A detail oriented and analytical personality.
For additional details, please contact Cynthia McCutcheon at Summit Search Group directly: [email protected] or call 902 405 3607
Please note that only those candidates who fulfill the requirements will receive a response.
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from all candidates regardless of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, disability, age, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.