About Our Client: Our client has a group of companies comprised of regulated and non regulated entities within the electrical distribution space servicing homes and businesses.
Position Scope: Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this position is responsible for the day-to-day accounting function for the group of companies. This includes financial reporting and analysis, forecasting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivables, fixed assets and job costing. The Controller is also responsible for organising and coordinating the preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets for the group of companies, plan and lead the year-end audit, and in collaboration with IT, manage the security and controls of the financial system. The Controller also serves as a financial resource to all of the organisation’s departments.
- In collaboration with the team, ensures that all monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, capital reports, and forecasts for the group of companies are produced on a timely basis;
- Monthly variance analysis reporting, investigating and explain differences between planned and actual financial results;
- Manage the development of the annual operating and capital budgets for the group of companies;
- Manage the annual yearend audit process from the preparation of working papers to consolidated financial statements and notes disclosures;
- Corporate tax returns working papers;
- Statutory deductions remittance compliance including OMERS reporting;
- Implementing internal financial procedures process controls and reporting systems;
- Establishing and reviewing material and labour overheads; departmental costing and cost allocations;
- Leading by example through the application of our Corporate Mission Statement in daily activities;
- Planning and supervising of department activities including, hiring, training, monitoring, mentoring, and motivating staff;
- Innovate – engage colleagues and find new ways to work and gain efficiencies;
- Stay a step ahead – make it a priority to be in-tune with changes in technology and industry news;
- Communicate – stay informed of company events, industry news and advancement in technologies;
- Develop analytical tools to support business decisions and drive continuous improvement;
- Actively participates and contributes to industry associations.
Education and Experience:
- A CPA professional accounting designation together with a minimum of ten (10) years of, preferably regulated electrical industry;
- 3-5 years of experience in a management position;
- Working knowledge of IFRS and Ontario Energy Board Regulated Accounting Principles;
- Demonstrated leadership and motivational capabilities with a commitment to continuous improvement, customer service, frontline leadership, and teamwork principles are necessary;
- Must possess superior interpersonal, problem-solving, organisation and communication (verbal, written & presentation) skills together with the ability to maintain professional and effective working relationships with customers, staff and outside agencies;
- M&A experience will be considered an asset;
- Hands-on experience with Great Plains-Microsoft Dynamics ERP system an asset;
- Advanced skills level with MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint).
Knowledge and Skills:
- You are a collaborator, build high-performing teams and develop effective stakeholder relationships;
- Your excellent analytic skills, track record of influencing senior business leaders, and strong executive presence will serve you well in taking on this exciting opportunity;
- Has built and continues to build highly productive relationships internally and externally with an industry presence;
- Discipline in planning and execution, uses data and analytics to drive evidence-based decisions;
- Personal agility and responsiveness fueled by a sense of urgency;
- Takes initiative and sees challenges as opportunities, always looking around corners to anticipate people and customer needs;
- Leverages technology to drive quality, efficiencies, and high value services;
- Be a safety leader and act in compliance with all legislative and regulatory Occupational Health & Safety Act.
Application Instructions: To apply, please send a resume to Aman Sodi at [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.