Controller – WG549
For over 50 years, our client has become the leading diving contractor in western Canada; specializing in underwater construction, maintenance and repairs, salvage, inspections and underwater surveying services.
As a member of the leadership team, the Controller will be responsible for managing all financial and accounting activities and to ensure that all proper controls are in place and maintained.
Responsibilities to Include:
- Plan and execute all accounting operational functions, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Invoicing and Payroll
- Process the full cycle of biweekly payroll for employees plus provide group benefit administration.
- Establish, manage and oversee all financial systems, controls, and models to support objectives and long term growth of the company.
- Analyze information, forecasts sales against expenses and work with leadership team to create annual budget and business plans
- Prepare and maintain working files, and manage P&L and the balance sheet.
- Prepare credit card and bank reconciliations and review banking transactions for accuracy.
- Maintain intercompany balances, accounting records, financial statements, general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and month-end tasks and requirements.
- Oversee operational and tactical matters, including financial and budget management, accounting, cost/benefit analysis, and forecasting.
- Identify trends, issues and industry benchmarks and provide recommendations for strategic direction.
- Prepare quarterly financial forecasts, annual budgets, and short- and long-term financial reports.
- Ensure year-end tasks are in place, and prepare year-end financials for the accounting firm.
- Oversee monthly report production, including reconciliations and financial statements.
Requirements and Experience:
- College or University degree in Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent.
- Hands on experience in Accounting or Finance with minimum of 3 years of work experience
- Advanced computer skills – Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient using Quickbooks desktop with an understanding of cloud based accounting software.
- Payroll experience utilizing Payworks
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Accounting designation or progressing towards designation (CPA)
- Construction industry experience would be considered an asset.
To apply to this role as Controller, please forward a resume including cover letter to Gail Eckert at [email protected]
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Controller – WG549