Our client, recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is one of the fastest-growing construction companies in Manitoba. They operate across Canada and have been growing their operations significantly over the past couple of years. Their team consists of highly-motivated construction professionals, who can’t wait to welcome the new colleagues in their Winnipeg head office.
CONTRACTS MANAGER, WINNIPEG, MANITOBA
As a new team member, you would play a key part in the Contracts Management team. You would have the opportunity to work with a well-established, growing organization with opportunities for advancement and personal development. You will contribute to the overall success of the Contracts Department by procuring and managing the industry’s top sub-trades. You will need to have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to problem-solve and create long and lasting relationships.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Review and assess issued contract drawings and specifications to determine the appropriate subcontractors and scopes of work
- Reach out to new and existing contractors to review future projects to engage interest and commitment early on
- Analyze potential risks involved with specific Scopes of work and subcontractors
- Conduct pre-qualifications of substrates by completing reference checks.
- Hold Subcontractors accountable for deliverables to ensure schedule compliance
- Prepare bid documents (RFP’s) and bidders list, including inquiry preparations and recommendations for award of contract
- Lead negotiations with sub trades to attain the required budgetary goals.
- Prepare selection and recommendation of contractors adhering to prescribed budget and scope of work
- Lead contract term negotiations with sub-contractors if revisions are requested.
- Prepare construction contracts, terms conditions, scope of works and coordinate execution to ensure prescribed timelines
- 5 years experience with Contracts or Project Management
- Experience using Construction Management Programs
- Ability to read and understand construction documents
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Detail oriented and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Competitive base salary based on experience
- Extensive benefits, including medical and dental coverage, RRSP matching
- Profit sharing
- Continuous career prospects within the company
- Company-sponsored team-building events and initiatives
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply directly to this posting with the most recent version of your resume. If you would like to speak with us regarding this position, please contact Matt Erhard at (204) 926-8896 or email [email protected]. To learn more about our open positions, visit us at www.summitseasrchgroup.com
ABOUT SUMMIT SEARCH GROUP
Summit Search Group is a leading national professional recruitment firm committed to helping employers hire smart, qualified people to advance both the bottom line and individual career goals. Specializing in a wide variety of industries and recruitment verticals, Summit Search Group is passionate about matching exceptional talent with exciting new opportunities across Canada.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this position, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.