Submit your resume
Are you an experienced Construction Estimator looking to advance your career in the industry? Our client, one of the leading innovators within the construction industry is currently looking to hire a Senior or Intermediate Estimator in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
This company is known for their high-quality performance and has been recognized as a market leader that hires exceptional people to achieve goals and fulfill business targets. The successful Candidate will drive opportunity and growth at the forefront of the construction process. You will work collaboratively with the team to navigate the tender process from concept to submission while avoiding risk to achieve winning results. We are looking for someone who has a strong local knowledge of the construction industry and has the ability to establish strong partnerships. You thrive on a faced paced environment and will use your trade driven expertise to support business growth and challenge industry standards.
The successful candidate will:
- Jump in and collaboratively complete the full-cycle bid process;
- Utilize their research skills at every stage of the process to identify project-specific prices related to key items including labour, equipment and materials;
- With an eye for detail, accurately interpret technical specifications for bid documents;
- Actively complete full quantity take-offs to ensure accuracy of contract specifications and pricing;
- Keep client pricing requirements top-of-mind to ensure feasibility;
- Grow and maintain strong relationships with trade partners, consultants and clients to achieve the project goals and vision;
- Get creative and think outside the box to come up with innovative solutions and opportunities;
- Colour outside the lines and look beyond plans and specifications;
- Actively encourage a learning environment, share their knowledge and be a role model throughout the estimation process with their team;
- Celebrate the successes and be a key member of the project ramp-up process.
What you bring to the role:
- 5 years’ relevant experience estimating in the ICI (Industrial, Commercial, Institutional) construction industry;
- A University Degree or College Diploma in Engineering or Construction Management, or a combination of education and industry experience;
- A proven track record of project coordination and team collaboration;
- Solid written and verbal communication skills;
- A passion and drive for building relationships;
- Strong computer skills with estimation software and an enthusiasm for innovation;
- Knowledge of the Atlantic market and ability to work throughout Atlantic Canada.
This is a full-time permanent position with a competitive salary, 4 weeks vacation, group insurance package and matching RRSP! Our client maintains a supportive and positive culture where employees are valued.
Please submit application packages or inquiries about this opportunity to [email protected] with the heading Estimator in the subject line.
Please note that only those candidates who fulfill the requirements will receive a response.
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from all candidates regardless of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, disability, age, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.