Submit your resume
This opportunity is with the Ottawa International Airport Authority.
The Authority is a leader in providing quality, safe, secure, sustainable and affordable air transportation services to the airport’s customers and communities and be a driver of economic growth within Canada’s Capital Region.
They are seeking a full-time Common Use Systems Administrator to join their team in Ottawa, Ontario.
Reporting to the Technical Lead CSA – Common Use Systems, this role will be responsible for supporting common use passenger process systems in the Passenger Terminal Building.
The successful candidate will demonstrate his/her willingness to continually learn and apply information technology systems knowledge and be willing to take on new systems and challenges. They must be self-motivated, organized, be able to work under pressure and within time constraints, and give a high degree of attention to details. The successful candidate must be proficient in multi-tasking and prioritizing tasks. They must possess strong customer service and excellent interpersonal skills. These abilities, combined with a professional and positive attitude, will ensure success in building positive working relationships in a team environment.
Some of your key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Installing, configuring, supporting and maintaining computer hardware/software in a multiple-server, network environment;
- Installing, configuring and maintaining industry specific hardware/software applications i.e. boarding pass printers, bag tag printers, etc.;
- Diagnosing and providing solutions to computer problems, workstations, fileservers, communication servers, hubs, routers, switches, firewalls and other connectivity related equipment;
- Maintaining and troubleshooting WAN/LAN (wide area network/local area network) systems;
- Performing technical interface with outside vendors;
- Applying operating system updates, patches and configuration changes;
- Adding, removing or updating user account information, resetting passwords, etc.;
- Performing back-ups;
- Ordering supplies and services (inventory and licensing);
- Compiling daily reports and/or logs;
- Analyzing system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems; and
- Providing immediate resolution to help desk service requests within a timely manner.
- Completion of a post-secondary school education in Computer Technology, Computing Science or in a related discipline OR possess a secondary school diploma with a minimum of three (3) years’ related experience;
- Must be certified in Microsoft 365: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate and certified in Microsoft 365: Security Administrator Associate (part of the Microsoft Certified System Administration (MCSA) Certification)
- Certification in VMware VCP and demonstrated technical expertise required
- Knowledge of operating systems and applications, as well as hardware and software troubleshooting;
- Understanding the behavior of software in order to deploy it and to troubleshoot problems; and
- Excellent communication skills in English – bilingualism (English and French) is an asset.
Candidates must be in possession of a valid driver’s license (Class G or equivalent) along with a driver’s abstract (issued within the last month) and are required to successfully complete a security clearance check for a Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC).
Team members are required to work a shift rotation covering non-regular days and hours and there is a requirement to work morning (04h00 to 13h30) / evening (13h30 to 23h00) rotation that will include weekends and statutory holidays.
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Please send a resume to Kyle Provost at [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.