Submit your resume
Established in 1996, Service Hospitality is a non-profit safety association funded by employers in the hotel, restaurant, laundry, and community services industries across Saskatchewan. The organization is committed to providing valuable consultation, education, research, safety evaluations, and training services for employers in these industries. Service Hospitality has a membership of over 4,100 employers representing nearly $1.5 billion in payroll. There is one main office located in the Regina area. Currently, there are 11 full-time staffing positions and one part-time contracts within the association.
The ultimate purpose has always been to stop people from getting hurt. Service Hospitality does this by working with businesses and organizations in a way that makes them even more successful at what they do. This is what distinguishes us from all other safety associations/organizations in the province.
Healthy and Safe Workplaces. Prospering.
- Always being your best self.
- Playing well with others.
- Redefining possible.
- Willing to embrace change.
- Safe Work. Safe Family. Safe Friends.
On behalf of Service Hospitality, Summit Search Group seeks to recruit an experienced Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to oversee the day-to-day operations of the organization. The successful candidate must be ready to build and model a great organizational culture, provide inspired leadership to the executive team, establish a working relationship with the Board of Directors (BOD) and set the direction for organizational strategy.
The Service Hospitality Board follows a results-based policy governance model and employs a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to manage the operations of the association. As such, the Board governs the organization through making policy, setting strategic direction and objectives by holding the CEO responsible for achieving these objectives. The CEO is responsible for the implementation of the strategic plan and for the managing of the day-to-day business of the organization. The CEO is responsible for the development of a detailed Operation Plan which demonstrates the implementation of the Strategic Plan in a manner consistent with the Board’s vision. The CEO provides the Board with reports on the plan on a quarterly basis.
- The CEO works with the Board to determine our values, mission, and assist with short and long-term goal setting.
- Act as the primary spokesperson for the organization.
- Develop and implement operational policies while setting the strategic plan.
- Ensure the activities of the organization are in compliance with the strategic plan; while managing the associates and resources of the organization.
- Ensure compliance with the funding agreement between the Saskatchewan Workers’ Compensation Board and Service Hospitality.
- Liaise with the Workers’ Compensation Board, alternative safety associations, the membership and other stakeholders and parties to represent the association on committees as required.
- Assure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Plan, organize, and control the budget so it is in accordance with the direction of the strategic plan.
- University degree from a recognized post-secondary institution specializing in business or a related field; MBA is considered an asset.
- 5+ years of related experience or a combination of education and experience.
- Above average knowledge of the health and safety industries considered an asset.
- Sound knowledge of project management best practices and experience managing multiple projects/initiatives.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and employees.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Board governance.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and effectively delegate tasks.
- Some travel required.
For more information, or to submit your resume, please reach out to Matt Erhard at Summit Search Group, [email protected]