About Our Client: Our client is a well established and respected organization in the demolition, selective deconstruction, excavation and environmental site works industry. They pride themselves on strategic deconstruction with an environmental purpose.
Position Scope: Reporting into the Senior Management Team, the Chief Estimator will assist in the preparation of estimates; gathering and evaluating proposals, reviewing drawings, specifications and other related documents. The Chief Estimator will compute costs by analyzing labour, materials and timeline requirements.
- Review estimates and lead bid reviews with senior management to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Develop and maintain business relationships to increase bid opportunities in the local market.
- Provide technical expertise in negotiating contracts and change orders as required, to ensure project objectives are met.
- Provide input to determine what types of projects to bid, pursue strategies, techniques, to ensure competitive pricing.
- Develop bid strategies and estimating best practices for securing core business work and exploring new opportunities for the business unit.
- Maintain professional relationships with sub-contractors and vendors in the market area with a focus on exceptional customer satisfaction, quality, safety, and value-added services.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with team, Sales, Operations, Field, Finance and other teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- 8+ years’ estimating experience.
- Experience in demolition, excavating or construction would be an asset.
- Management experience would be an asset.
- Strong detail orientation and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel software applications.
- Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate effectively with others and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with all departments.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven and customer-focused environment.
- Clean driving record.
Application Instructions: Please forward resumes to Aman Sodi at Summit Search Group [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.