Our client is nation-wide leader in the industrial space and is looking to expand by adding a Buyer to their Ottawa office.
The Buyer will be responsible to oversee the purchasing, inventory management and transportation of goods for precise and timely delivery to the company as well as customers. An ideal candidate will experience working in a wholesale or distribution environment and comfortable working in a fast paced and independent atmosphere.
- Manage and organize all activities for procurement and inventory management.
- Effectively maintain and manage inventory levels by ensuring proper re-order point and re-quantities are in place.
- Work directly with suppliers maintaining strong working relationship to ensure best pricing, quality of products, and timely delivery of products.
- Improve and maximize internal procedures for shipping, inventory management and product procurement.
- Effective communication with sales, marketing, operations, and finance to optimize efficiencies and minimize backorders.
- Ensure accurate and detailed inventory levels are maintained to ensure proper customer response times are met.
- Negotiate pricing decreases with customers and ensure price increases are monitored and justified.
- Other duties as required.
Education and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary Education (College / University).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with at least 2 years in a purchasing function.
- Bilingual, French and English, preferred.
- Good business acumen and financial understanding.
- Ability to work well in a team-based environment.
- Strong work ethic.
- Possess strong communication and organizational skills.
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please forward resumes to Kyle Provost at Summit Search Group [email protected].
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.