Our client, a Canadian owned and operated company is experiencing tremendous year over year growth and looking for a Buyer to join their team.
The Buyer will be responsible to oversee the purchasing, inventory management and transportation of goods for precise and timely delivery to the company as well as customers. An ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a wholesale or distribution environment and comfortable working in a fast paced and independent atmosphere.
Some of your key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Manage and organize all activities for procurement and inventory management.
- Effectively maintain and manage inventory levels by ensuring proper re-order point and re-quantities are in place.
- Work directly with suppliers maintaining strong working relationship to ensure best pricing, quality of products, and timely delivery of products.
- Improve and maximize internal procedures for shipping, inventory management and product procurement.
- Effective communication with sales, marketing, operations and finance to optimize efficiencies and minimize backorders.
- Ensure accurate and detailed inventory levels are maintained to ensure proper customer response times are met.
- Negotiate pricing decreases with customers and ensure price increases are monitored and justified.
- Post-secondary Education (College / University)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with at least 2 years in a purchasing function
- Good business acumen and financial understanding
- A team player with a positive attitude
- Bilingual preferred (French / English)
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Please send a resume to Melissa Krakana at [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.