Submit your resume
We are seeking a highly motivated and results-driven Business Development Representative to join our client’s team. With over 50 years of experience, our client is a leading manufacturer of engineered products used in a wide range of industries across the globe. Committed to supplying products and solutions that improve the efficiency and reliability of critical mechanical systems, our client is dedicated to hiring and training the best sales force in their sector. The ideal candidate will work closely with site owners and the mechanical engineering community and will be responsible for getting our client’s products specified into upcoming projects. The candidate will identify and pursue new business opportunities, build strong relationships with customers and partners, and close deals to meet or exceed sales targets.
- Develop and implement a strategic sales plan to achieve targets for revenue, profit, and growth
- Conduct market research to identify potential customers and their needs in the mechanical engineering community
- Establish and maintain strong business relationships with clients, including site owners and mechanical engineering companies
- Negotiate and close sales agreements with customers, including preparing and presenting proposals and contracts
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, technologies, and competitive landscape to identify new opportunities and challenges
- Attend industry networking events and conferences to promote our products and services and network with potential customers
- Experience selling to the mechanical engineering community and site owners is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in business development with a proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Strong communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of CRM software and sales management tools
- Willingness to entertain and travel as needed to meet with customers
- A competitive base salary between 100-120K
- Annual bonus of approximately 30-40K in year 1 and 40-60K in year 2
- Fully expensed company vehicle
- Extended health plan and RRSP matching
Are you the person they are looking for? Get in touch with me and apply now. Not ready to apply or have questions first? Send me an email in confidence and we can go through this opportunity in more detail. [email protected]
We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.