Submit your resume
Our client is an international organization providing service and logistics solutions to a wide variety of industry sectors with their industry-leading management systems and specialized technology platforms.
Reporting to the Director, the business development representative will serve as the point of contact for the company’s operations in Western Canada, specific to it’s tailings pond operations in Fort McMurray in addition to other opportunities. They will actively participate in the lead generation for the value stream, manage customer relations and prepare quotes for services. The role will work closely with the Operations Team to ensure that customer requirements are delivered according to contract terms and conditions and manage customer relationships.
- Conduct market research and analysis and propose commercial strategies for the corporate growth in Alberta and Western Canada
- Work with the management team to refine and execute business strategy; Ensure sales goals are developed, tracked and achieved
- Identify new customers and business opportunities by prospecting, networking and conducting sales calls
- Maintain productive, profitable and friendly business relationships with existing and potential new clients
- Work closely with First Nation and other Indigenous organizations to build strong relationships and partnerships
- Serve as a key contact person with customers, delivering technical knowledge, advice and support for their operations
- Provide weekly reports and updates to the management team on existing and prospective work opportunities
- Prepare and present requests for quotations, proposals and information to clients
- Maintain accurate records detailing account management and prospecting activities, using the corporate CRM
- Attend industry trade shows and networking events
- Create sales presentations and participate in meetings with clients and external vendors
- Minimum a Bachelors Degree or relevant combined experience and education
- Minimum 5-10 of experience in business development, sales and/or in a customer facing role in the Energy sector
- Preference for individuals who have contacts and operations knowledge specific to tailing pond operations in Fort McMurray
- Ability to develop and maintain strong and professional working relationships both internally and externally
- Experience working with Indigenous communities and partners, an asset; Cultural competency is required
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Excellent leadership, communication, presentation, problem-solving and organizational skills are essential
- Advanced knowledge of MS office suite and CRM programs
This role will be based in Calgary but may be performed from a home office. Attendance on client’s sites/offices/facilities (i.e. Fort McMurray mine sites) and travel will be required.