Our client provides products and services to more than 300,000 customers nationwide, in virtually every industry.
We are looking for a Business Development Specialist who is ambitious, articulate, and a detail-oriented individual who has a “Hunter” mentality along with excellent interpersonal skills.
You will be part of a growing team working together to identify and prioritize new business opportunities and execute against company-wide initiatives. This role is responsible for securing new customers and successfully managing a sales pipeline required to achieve plan.
What you’ll do:
- Increase account penetration with strategic product sales
- Communicate proactively with all customers quarterly, to strengthen and expand relationships
- Generate revenue growth by utilizing consultative selling skills in conjunction with value propositions
- Prospect potential customers using various direct methods such as cold-calling, face to face meetings, and indirect methods such as networking
- Review buying history and suggest related and new products that may be of interest
- Attend trade shows / training sessions when necessary and coordinate and follow-up selected direct mail and calling programs
- Establish and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
- Use company sales productivity software tools accurately and consistently (i.e. Customer Relationship Management and Pricing Tools)
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Post-Secondary Diploma or degree preferred however careful consideration given to an individual’s experience and presentation
- 1+ year of experience in Business Development or business-to-business (B2B) and relationship deals
- Experience cold calling
- Valid driver’s license, proof of car insurance and a dependable vehicle
- Experience working in a fast-paced competitive environment, results driven and competitive
- Capable of building and perpetuating profitable business partnerships and relationships which promote long-term success
- Proven track record in prospecting, qualifying and closing accounts over the phone and in person
- Strong hunting skills with a focus on building new business
- Successful relationship building – external and internal
- Confident and professional communications
- Sound decision making and strategic thinking
- Experience in CRM an asset (Salesforce)
- Strong ability to work independently to efficiently manage the assigned territory and accounts
- Strong ethics, commitment to inclusion and integrity
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point, and Internet).
- Calgary, AB
RemunerationRemuneration for this role will consist of a base salary of $50K in addition to an aggressive commission program targeting first year income at $70-80K in addition to car allowance, fuel card, laptop, cell phone and good benefit package. Experienced salespeople earn $100K+
- Calgary, AB