Business Development Manager
Our client is a leading office furniture supplier with offices across North America servicing clients across North America for almost 40 years. They are looking to bring on a new Business Development Manager.
The Business Development Manager will use their experience in sales—from first introductions to contract negotiations— to grow the customer base and manage relationships with existing clients. This role is more than just selling. It is anticipating clients needs and integrating them into your sales pitch. Whether you are thinking about how to change offerings to match market trends, or finding ways to one-up the competition, iteration and improvement are the words you live by.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Meeting and exceeding assigned sales targets and objectives.
- Build relationships with new and existing clients through setting up sales meetings.
- Research, identify, and contact/cold call prospective clients for new business.
- Generate end-user prospects and Centers of Influence (COI) who will refer leads.
- Negotiate contracts and close deals.
- Set sales targets and provide sales support.
- Work across departments (e.g., design, project management, etc.) to increase sales opportunities and maximize revenue.
- Maintain knowledge of current market trends and competitors.
- Attend industry functions/conferences/trade shows as needed.
- Be on the “inside track” on who’s building, moving, renovating and growing.
- Experience in a client-facing sales or business development role.
- Experience in the contract furniture/interior design industry.
- Experience with contract negotiation on medium to large contracts.
- Experience creating and delivering sales presentations to a variety of clients.
- Experience developing and executing on attainable sales goals and developing effective sales/marketing strategies.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Degree or diploma in business, marketing, economics or a related field (an asset).
- Experience using a CRM (e.g., Salesforce) (an asset).
For additional details, please contact Kelly Lynch at Summit Search Group directly: [email protected]
Please note that only those candidates who fulfill the requirements will receive a response.
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from all candidates regardless of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, disability, age, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.