Business Development Manager
Our client is a leading national mechanical contractor primarily focusing in HVAC, plumbing, and electrical applications with one of the strongest and most comprehensive service offerings in the industry.
Reporting to the Director Sales, the Business Development Manager is responsible for growing company sales through commercial and dealer acquisition. This includes growing sales through new/existing commercial customer acquisition and existing/new HVAC dealers, distributors, and manufacturers to drive penetration of rental and Financial programs. This role focuses exclusively on commercial customer targets (B2B Sales).
- Exceeds assigned growth targets and performance KPI’s within territory by executing effective sales strategies
- Executes corporate 6-step sales process (prospect, qualify, align, propose, negotiate, close) to build and sustain sales pipeline required to consistently deliver above target performance
- Develops, proposes, and closes winning account sales strategies to generate new HVAC dealers, distributors and manufacturers
- Is the primary contact for all Key Account and Dealer customers assigned to their portfolio and provides specific sales support as required
- Actively utilizes the CRM software to record sales pipeline and activity metrics to maximize performance outcomes
- Analyzes the competitive landscape and leverages knowledge to improve winning account sales strategy
- Provides regular reporting and updates on Dealer/Commercial sales pipeline progress to be leveraged in forecasting and large deal implementation planning
- Provide exceptional Commercial/Dealer specific sales support including training and marketing initiatives, coordinating efforts with other account managers and marketing coordinator.
- Participates in industry and customer related events/tradeshows to network, target new prospects, identify market trends, and needs relevant to assigned Commercial/Dealer customers
- Builds relationships with current manufacturer and distributor groups to provide exceptional service to all new and existing customers
- Develops and maintains in-depth knowledge of company’s Commercial/Dealer value proposition, including products and services offered and the value they create
Skills, Abilities and Experience
- Minimum 5+ years of direct selling consultative sales experience within a business-to-business environment
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in a related field would be considered an asset however careful consideration will be given to an individual’s record of success
- Demonstrated ability to challenge customers with insights that disrupt and improve their traditional business practices, leading to new partnership opportunities
- Experience in contract negotiations leading the implementation of new Dealer customer agreements – products and services
- Strong hunter with experience using a solutions based selling approach
- Strong financial acumen with the ability to communicate financial opportunity to other businesses
- Proven track record of success exceeding sales quotas and sales metrics
- Results-driven individual who takes initiative and accountability to continuously improve business outcomes
- Strong leadership skills with ability to influence without authority
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Strategic critical thinker and problem-solver who demonstrates agility in the face of change
- Ability to work well in a cross functional business structure where collaboration and coordination between departments is critical to success
- Understanding of the consumer finance business is a definite asset
- Industry knowledge and/or experience working within HVAC industry is an asset
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Business Development Manager