Our client is a large reputable company in the building materials space. They are growing and are looking for a Branch Manager to join their team in Ottawa!
As Branch Manager for their successful Ottawa distribution branch, you are an essential member of the team. You are a self-starter who wants to actively and directly impact the sales and operations of the business segment you are responsible for.
In this role, you will be responsible for all areas of branch activity. This includes:
We are a reliable business partner to our customers and that ensures that we meet sales objectives. You play a vital role in that. You will:
- Drive profitable growth through ensuring current and new customers get everything they need from the partnership including: good products at the right price, and a superior customer service experience.
- Establish, maintain, and deepen partnerships with the customers. The value we provide drives their sales and ours.
- Manage the performance of our outside 2 outside Sales Reps through regular interaction, collaboration, and coaching.
- Understand your current and potential business. Use analytics to determine sales priorities and activity. Plan your work, work your plan.
That great customer service experience doesn’t happen magically. It requires employees who enjoy what they do – we’ve got that part. Now we need your leadership to connect all the dots. Your hands-on involvement will ensure it happens. Specifically you will:
- Make inventory decisions that ensure we have on-hand what the customers need.
- Manage the performance of all branch staff including: Branch Administrator, Inside Sales, Warehouse Supervisor, Shippers/Receivers, Drivers. Coach!
- Use analytics and your keen understanding of branch operational metrics to keep optimize branch efficiencies including: inventory, warehouse layout, workflow, labour & headcount.
- Lead, motivate, encourage, and hold accountable each team member.
- Never compromise safety. Every branch activity must be carried out in full compliance with safety regulations and related company policies.
Education and Requirements:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma.
- Natural leadership traits.
- Previous sales experience or operations background with a natural inclination to sales.
- Industry experience. Both knowledge of, and passion for, building products.
- A results-oriented disposition that is visible in your motivation to come into work every day, give us your all, and make an impact. You chase and achieve company sales and operations targets and objectives.
Please forward resumes to Kyle Provost at Summit Search Group [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.