Our client is a family-owned business that is the leading provider of roofing supplies and accessories to contractors and lumberyards throughout Ontario and within and the U.S. They are looking for a full-time Branch Manager to join their team in Ottawa, Ontario.
The role of the Branch Manager is to assume the full responsibility for the complete management of the store, warehouse, and yard while improving the bottom line and protecting company assets. The manager will set his/ her goal to manage the store at a level of excellence as defined by the guidelines established by Senior Administration. This position requires a strong hands-on leader with a take charge attitude.
Some of your key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Supervise and manage up to 20 staff, depending on location.
- Ensure that the yard and warehouse are maintained to company standards.
- Responsible for opening and closing the store including securing company assets.
- Understand and administer customer service initiatives in accordance with company policies in a mutually beneficial manner in order to ensure a lasting goodwill between customers and the company.
- Ensure that all vehicles operate and are maintained following company policies and procedures.
- Operate location effectively to minimize unnecessary operating costs.
- Enforce Health & Safety regulations.
- Responsible for overall store sales.
- Provide useful, practical and professional sales advice to current and prospective customers.
- Experience in the Building Supplies industry and with contractors is requirement.
- Exceptional management skills and experience with a strong ability to teach, motivate and lead staff.
- Excellent organizational and scheduling skills with the ability to multitask.
- Highly disciplined individual with experience adhering to company and industry policies and regulations.
- Ability to effectively manage the operations division within the set operating budget.
- Commitment to managing and driving sales while building/solidifying a customer base.
- Career minded person with a desire to perform at top levels.
- Effectively work in a computerized environment.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Must be capable of lifting heavy materials.
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Please send a resume to Kyle Provost at [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.